Losing UK ip address and VPNs

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
olive
Andalucia Guru

Losing UK ip address and VPNs

Postby olive » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:51 pm

All good things come to an end. My Satellite internet is faulty and I have spent time and money trying to fix my end. Today it appears I need a new modem. As a valued customer they only want carriage cost. Quite reasonable as I will still be able to leave at a months notice.

The bad news , as expected, is the new modem needs “ a Spanish IP address. I always believed I was on borrowed time!

This is a deal breaker for me but I will start to look for an alternative Spanish unlimited 3G /4G SIM based offering. There are a number around for around 15 euros but the Movistar includes landline at the extra cost. We can manage without one now .

What this all means is I will have to master “VPNs “ pretty quickly. Firstly on the Satellite service if/when it is running again and later on the replacement service.

Any suggestions on an easy to use offering that will allow BBC iplayer , All4 downloads on the satellite? I use a Linksys E1200 router. I would hope that the router could be used on the new 3G service down the road. I don't mind a paid for service. In fact it would be preferable if easy to use and effective.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Re: Losing UK ip address and VPNs

Postby gerryh » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:05 pm

olive wrote:
This is a deal breaker for me but I will start to look for an alternative Spanish unlimited 3G /4G SIM based offering. There are a number around for around 15 euros
What unlimited offerings have you found at that price?
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

olive
Andalucia Guru

Re: Losing UK ip address and VPNs

Postby olive » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:15 pm

Movistar fusion rural but you have to have a landline which comes out of the Sim wallbox.