Telefonica Message Phone

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
Kahuna
Andalucia.com Amigo

Telefonica Message Phone

Postby Kahuna » Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:41 am

Hi Folks

I downloaded the Manual in English for my Telefonica Message Phone and it's proved invaluable for figuring out how to get the messages out (the little guy inside definitely wanted to keep them secret <lol>).

Thought I'd set the recorded messages to English too but I have hit a snag. The manual takes me through the following steps:

>snip<

1. Lift DOMO handset and press
the Mensajes key.
2. When the message you hear
ends, press No.1 on the
keypad.
3. When the next message you
hear ends, press No.4 on the
keypad.
4. Enter a four digit code e.g.
0000 (You must remember
this code).

>snip<

When I get to this point and input the 0000 code the message says the number is incorrect (in Spanish of course).

Any experts out there who can suggest what the installation engineers might have used as a the original code or how to reset the code to 0000 again?

Appreciate any feedback.
Kahuna
=======

kal111
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby kal111 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:07 pm

Hi
Just an idea but as the '0000' is given as an example do you need to put in a code of your own that only you would know?

Kahuna
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Kahuna » Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:40 pm

Tried that Kal - whatever 4 digit code I use it tells me its incorrect!
Kahuna
=======

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:57 pm

The procedure you are following is correct. The factory set code is always 0000 unless you change it.

The installer would not have changed it.

The only time you MUST have a different code is if you want to pick up your messages from a different location.

If you can't get it to work call Telefonica to sort it out.

It is not a problem with the phone as the answering service is at the central exchange.

Sid

hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

phone code

Postby hillybilly » Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:01 pm

As Sid says the code should be preset to 0000. But, friends of ours had this problem too. It turned out they'd been given a second hand phone so the code had already been changed by someone. Telefonica gave them a replacement, new phone.

lis48
Resident

Postby lis48 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:03 pm

I had probs with entering the code too Kathuna. It did eventually accept 0000 but I had to press VERY clearly each digit. I can't remember whether I did it slowly or quickly as I tried all combinations but something worked in the end! I do remember I nearly threw the phone across the room at the time. Good luck.

Kahuna
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Kahuna » Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:04 pm

Thanks all - I'll give it a few more attempts and get back to Telefonica if it still doesn't work.

Cheers
Kahuna
=======

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: phone code

Postby El Cid » Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:24 pm

hillybilly wrote: It turned out they'd been given a second hand phone so the code had already been changed by someone. Telefonica gave them a replacement, new phone.
The phone makes no difference apart from its ability to accept keystrokes. The password is not stored in the phone.

Try doing it from another phone.

Sid

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:19 pm

The code is stored within Telefónica's answering system and by default should be 0000. However, the problem usually occurs when a telephone number is reallocated and the previous subscriber has changed the code.

You will have to ring 1004 and ask them if they can reset it. I haven't tried to do this recently but when I asked them some time ago they said that they were unable to reset the code for a given telephone number.

Alan-LaCala
Resident

Postby Alan-LaCala » Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:49 am

I had this problem as well, but as I wanted a cordless phone, I went and bought one with an answering machine, and instructions in English, for €99.

Alan
Remember that everything that Fred Astaire did, Ginger Rogers did too; except she did it backwards and wearing high heels!

morlandg
Resident

Re: Telefonica Message Phone

Postby morlandg » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:02 am

The problem seems to be the same as the one I have with our Domo and now our cordless phones. We originally reported the problem to Telefonica over a year ago and the answer was that the system did not recognise the keypresses from the Domo phone. The engineer installed a Domo2 phone and left saying he would return when the system problem was resolved......we've not seen him since. BTW - the Domo2 is a TERRIBLE phone.
We had a pair of cordless DECT phones which worked OK until 2 weeks ago. Same problem. We cannot use the prepaid cards which we use to phone the UK (2.8c per minute). We reported the problem to Telefonica and were told "wait 10 mins and try again". No different. If we try using a public telephone it works OK. Also if we phone the UK and we are offered various options once connected then the system recognises the option chosen. So I reckon it's the Telefonica system that's at fault. But how do we rectify it??