Pay Pal in Espana

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
country boy
Andalucia Guru

Pay Pal in Espana

Postby country boy » Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:36 pm

:? Sometime ago we discussed on this Forum why our Paypal accounts had suddenly gone Spanish as soon as one logs-in even when you are on the UK site. Has anyone yet managed to get theirs changed back to English? I certainly haven't . My MSN Explore homepage keeps throwing advertisements in Spanish at me too! :cry:

dangerman
Tourist

Postby dangerman » Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:24 pm

Yeh, the same as with ebay. As soon as you use a Spanish address, you're stuck with the Spanish language! I took this up with ebay (Paypal being an ebay company), and was told there's nothing I or they can do about it! They have no plans to offer multiple language option to users. Only those applicable in that country...

Bongtrees
Andalucia Guru

Postby Bongtrees » Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:42 pm

dangerman wrote:Yeh, the same as with ebay. As soon as you use a Spanish address, you're stuck with the Spanish language! I took this up with ebay (Paypal being an ebay company), and was told there's nothing I or they can do about it! They have no plans to offer multiple language option to users. Only those applicable in that country...
No that is incorrect, you can go to your account and change the language to English.

Mike

dangerman
Tourist

Postby dangerman » Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:59 pm

No that is incorrect, you can go to your account and change the language to English
Nope. There's nowhere in My Account>Preferences>Notification Preferences where you can change the language!
If I use ebay.co.uk as the "portal" for want of a better word, I have the site and the pages in English. But all notifications on bids, wins & losses, favourite sellers are in Spanish!!

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:32 pm

You could try using Anonymiser. It disguises your location by connecting through proxies. I have never tried it but I know it slows everything down a bit.

fincalospinos
Resident

Postby fincalospinos » Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:30 pm

Bongtrees is correct - this is what you do: Log in , goto My account - Profile- Account Information - Language Preferences,.
Change from Español to US English
Hardworking resident !!

pwwm
Resident

Postby pwwm » Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:04 pm

We had to exactly what bongtrees & fincalospinos have said and we now have no problems, use it all the time.
pwwm

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:51 am

my paypal is in english...

but then .. i "live" in the uk - i live in the uk because i am in the uk for 8 months of the year.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

dangerman
Tourist

Postby dangerman » Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:16 am

Bongtrees is correct - this is what you do: Log in , goto My account - Profile- Account Information - Language Preferences,.
Change from Español to US English
Is that on Paypal? As those menu sequences don't even appear on ebay's account pages!

redsoxbrit
Resident

Paypal in Spain

Postby redsoxbrit » Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:51 am

My Paypal account is also in English as I have kept open an English bank account I used when registering originally. Be very careful though when buying on Ebay as sellers will often use the UK address, especially if it is automated, without bothering to look for further instructions. I always follow up with an email confirming address in Spain to avoid delay/confusion.

fincalospinos
Resident

Postby fincalospinos » Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:54 am

Is that on Paypal? As those menu sequences don't even appear on ebay's account page

PayPal account is on PayPal.com not ebay - I think that they are different accounts as you dont have to use paypal when buying/selling on ebay
Hardworking resident !!

fincalospinos
Resident

Postby fincalospinos » Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:58 am

My Paypal account is also in English as I have kept open an English bank account I used when registering originally. Be very careful though when buying on Ebay as sellers will often use the UK address, especially if it is automated, without bothering to look for further instructions. I always follow up with an email confirming address in Spain to avoid delay/confusion.

You dont need to have UK address or bank account for your PayPal account to be in English. My address and bank are both Spanish.
Hardworking resident !!

country boy
Andalucia Guru

Postby country boy » Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:38 am

Hussar!!!! Thanks one and all....'tis done! Took a bit of fathoming out as the "Tabs" are (were!) all in Spanish. For anyone else who's trying, it's the "PERFIL" tab you start on (Profile) and then the language choice tab becomes available on the lefthand side of the next screen (third choice from the bottom).
Thanks again
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D