Mobile phone PUK code

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

Mobile phone PUK code

Postby hillybilly » Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:38 pm

Have managed to lock my Movistar PAYG mobile by entering the wrong PIN code 3 times. Doh! Now it wants my PUK code. Have no idea where my PUK code is recorded (prob with the PIN code).
Anyone know how I go about unlocking my phone? Or is it a trip to the Telefonica shop?!

samizdat
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby samizdat » Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:10 pm

when you bought it there was a card with some numbers on it - one was your phone number the other was the PUK code. PIN code is your 4 digit one the other is about 10ish digits.

Could be a problem if youre lost it - might mean a new phone number if you are on PAUG :cry:

When it happened to me the shop wasnt sympathetic but your spanish is much better than mine :lol:

AguilaMike
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Mobile phone PUK code

Postby AguilaMike » Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:15 pm

hillybilly wrote:Have managed to lock my Movistar PAYG mobile by entering the wrong PIN code 3 times. Doh! Now it wants my PUK code. Have no idea where my PUK code is recorded (prob with the PIN code).
Anyone know how I go about unlocking my phone? Or is it a trip to the Telefonica shop?!

The phone itself isn't locked, just the sim card. The phone will work OK with a different one.

hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

Postby hillybilly » Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:25 pm

In case anybody else is numpty enough to find themselves in the same predicament, here (courtesy of my friendly local Telefonica outlet) is what you do.
Call Movistar on 1485 (from a landline) or 609 (from another mobile). They will take your details and a code number from the SIM card and reveal to you your PUK code! Super.

Alan-LaCala
Resident

Postby Alan-LaCala » Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:32 am

So it's PUK off is it? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Alan
Remember that everything that Fred Astaire did, Ginger Rogers did too; except she did it backwards and wearing high heels!

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:38 am

I did the same thing a few weeks ago and just phoned the number you get given when you buy the sim and it just took a few minutes for them to unlock the phone for me using my old pin code. As stated above. Mine was also a movistar which is telefinica :lol: