Free to view

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
Linda Kaye
Tourist

Free to view

Postby Linda Kaye » Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:39 am

Is it possible to bring my(English) freeview box over to Spain and will it work on the Spanish Network, to pick up English programmes. Do I need a dish? Please help as I am a novice when it comes to techi stuff!!

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:35 pm

There is some confusion over the use of the word 'Freeview' and you need to check here to understand the difference:

http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/freeview.htm

If you have a digital terrestrial receiver which links to your television antenna this will work in many areas of Spain but will only receive Spanish television programmes. You will not receive the same programmes as in the UK.

If you have a Sky digibox or free to air digital satellite receiver this will receive all of the BBC and ITV channels without the need for a card provided you have a dish of sufficient dimensions.

pmb
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pmb » Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:48 pm

If you go to www.tdt.es and put your 'post code' in it will say if there is a digital terrestrial signal in the area and tell you the channel numbers.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Re: Free to view

Postby spanish_lad » Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:06 pm

Linda Kaye wrote:Is it possible to bring my(English) freeview box over to Spain and will it work on the Spanish Network, to pick up English programmes. Do I need a dish? Please help as I am a novice when it comes to techi stuff!!
yes, you can bring it. no, it wont recieve english channels.

edit: which do you mean? freeview (set-top box) or free TO view (sky) ???? your title says one while the thread says the other?
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

Linda Kaye
Tourist

Postby Linda Kaye » Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:33 am

Sorry if I have confused everyone ,but as I said I am hopeless with technology!! I do not have a sky box, so I think I mean freview.