***** Telefonica !!!!!

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
jamie2006
Tourist

***** Telefonica !!!!!

Postby jamie2006 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:16 pm

I moved here 12th February and living near Torre Del Mar and still waiting for ***** adsl i am sick and tired of them talking *****!

Can anyone help me please, I have spoke to companies that offer broadband via a satellite but its very costly.

Is wireless internet any good? What is this Intel Centrino and do you recommend it? Would I have to buy a laptop ? Has anyone got one for sale?

Please help!

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:35 pm

I think it is some kind of special processor for enhancing your gaming and entertainment experience and is not very likely to help you with your ADSL problem.

WiFi ADSL does work but can sometimes be a bit hit and miss and very slow if the provider overloads its network without extending its infrastructure.

fullthrottle
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby fullthrottle » Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:21 pm

I'm still waiting since Feb too, i spoke again to them today to be told the modems are out of stock, different story to 2 days ago then it was a faulty line causing the delay!!! try spantel.es or ya.com(they are offering a free x-box on one of their packages)

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: ***** Telefonica !!!!!

Postby El Cid » Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:19 pm

jamie2006 wrote:What is this Intel Centrino and do you recommend it?
It is a processor specifically designed for laptops. It uses less power and hence increases battery life. It also has built in WiFi capability.

It won't help you with ADSL.

Sid