"Road Tax"

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
ajtg1952
Resident

Re: "Road Tax"

Postby ajtg1952 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:15 pm

El Cid wrote:Well, we have done it for 18 years with two cars with no problems at all.

Sid
You do have a blessed life in the towns! We oringinaly paid by DD until one year it wasn't taken out and we had the Devils own job to get it paid hence we have our bills posted to us. Arrived today incidentally.

Small white village Town Halls prefer to send out bills that you pay at the bank.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:24 pm

Comares were always happy to do it by DD. It only got awkward when we moved, as the payment became due some six months after we had gone, so all DDs were cancelled.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:58 pm

When i went into the townhall they asked if i wanted to change to direct debit. Remembering this thread i said no thanks!

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:48 pm

You should not get wound up about road tax. It is a local tax and the Guardia could not care less whether you have it or not, unlike in the UK where driving untaxed is a serious offence.

If you have a Direct debit to pay it and for some reason they deduct too much, like all direct debits, one word to your bank and they will cancel it and refund the payment, leaving you plenty of time to sort it out with the local town hall.

Direct debits in Spain are very common, mainly because they are so easy to reverse, assuming you do it quickly.

Sid

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:42 pm

Road tax bill was in our POBox today. It says the date it was sent was 28/3 and the final date of payment is 17/5. We set it up on DD as we cannot be bothered to queue up at the bank to pay it.

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:12 pm

One car is still registered in Frigi, which was invoiced and stolen same day (yesterday).
The one registered in Torrox I have not received or had anything stolen yet.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:23 pm

Arrived in post today for frigi