Motorbike test in Spain.. in English?

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
hedonist
Andalucia.com Amigo

Motorbike test in Spain.. in English?

Postby hedonist » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:58 pm

I have heard that doing your motorbike test in English is possible here in Andalucia. Is this true?

I could do in Spanish and like the idea and would be good to be forced to learn more.. but options good... want to progress quickly.

Thanks in advance
Do or do not... there is no try. Yoda

hybridanglo
Tourist

Postby hybridanglo » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:54 am

I've been chatting with Nigel at SP Motos between San Pedro and Estepona about the same thing, but he suggested the level of Spanish needed would be prohibitive for many just coming out to Spain.
He didn't think there was much, if anything, in the way of English instruction on the CdS, so if you find anything out, I'd be interested.
Nigel also pointed out that bike training was quite expensive in Spain, too. €1000+ to get to the point of being licensed to ride any size bike.
As a result, I'm probably going to travel back to the UK for a Direct Access course (I've been quoted £400 and a guaranteed pass, even if it takes several tests), but will look to do it before September, as the laws on motorcycle training across the EU are due to change - becoming more expensive, with additional age and horse power restrictions if I remember rightly.

hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

Postby hillybilly » Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:50 am

I think that Autoescuelas Torcal offer instruction in English for all types of licences.