Driving cars that are ´Sin Carnet´

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Driving cars that are ´Sin Carnet´

Postby oliveview01 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:21 pm

There are loads here abouts, the little cars that go at about 30km an hour and you always meet them when you can´t overtake :( Question is, do you have to have any test what so ever to drive them? Not that I want a sin carnet car (sorry don´t know the name of the make of car) just wondering.
Oliveview

Don

Postby Don » Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:52 pm

See thread also in moving to andalucia re mopeds. A google for "coche sin carnet" shows up that they are licensed as mopeds (hence small yellow matriculation plate) but at least some of them are 400cc diesel. Web sites say that you need a carnet type A whatever that is. Colinm says that things will change in Oct this year so maybe then you will need to go some sort of test. We asked our taxi driver just last week en route to airport and he said you dont need any licence but it looks like you do need something but not a full car license.

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:17 pm

Wish they would take the horrid slow moving things off the road!!
Oliveview

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:34 pm

Oliveview-have you seen the price of them..they are extremely expensive..we saw a couple in a garage,and they cost as much as a normal car. :oops:

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:02 pm

I know, we saw the price of them last year :shock: How come there are so many on the road if they are that price? Followed behind one this morning- on a long bendy stretch of road that you could not overtake on, the old boy that was driving it was all over the road, pretty scary!
Oliveview

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:36 pm

haha..we looked at them instead of me getting a moped-it was a convertible one...how embarrassing :oops: Id rather get soaking wet on a moped,than purr along on one of those... :roll:
I normally see young kids driving them-with music blaring... :D

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:44 pm

Had a hire car once, stupid woman in a lawnmower drove straight into me in a parking place, she did not even look first and she shot off before I could even speak with her........they should be forced to take an awareness test at the very least.

keddyboy
Resident

Postby keddyboy » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:47 am

They are actually donkies with car shells strapped to them!!!!!!!!! :lol:
Keddyboy
Never do today what you can leave until tomorrow.

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:17 pm

I was laughing at one the other day-there was a small rock in the way-and it couldnt reverse over it...it had to make do with just staying where it was,or going forward...just didnt have the umpf to get over it.. :lol:
Keddy-I would even say calling them a donkey with a car shell on its back is a compliment.. :lol: :lol:

Retro P
Resident

Postby Retro P » Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:10 pm

These things are downright dangerous, if one hit you at 40 kmph it could kill, they're usually driven by idiotic youths which is the manufacturers target market,they are designed to be bought and driven by people who don't have the confidence or skill to obtain a car licence otherwise they would, wouldn't they?
Ah! the full english!!