Insurance costs for 50 cc moto

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
Squire
Andalucia.com Amigo

Motos

Postby Squire » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:11 pm

Hi folks. Not entirely unrelated but does anyone know how I go about Spanish plating my UK Dragstar 1100 ? I really need to get this done as my UK insurance is starting to seem a bit risky.. Thanks

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:16 pm

well big thanks to you hedonist..my moto insurance quote from the person you pm·d me-has replied..she has got it down to €279.00 from €350.00-saving me €71.00..thankyou very much Hedonist..I owe you a big drink. :wink:

karandjon
Andalucia Guru

Postby karandjon » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:57 pm

Hi, I was quoted exactly the same Peachy. I was hoping for something nearer Hedonists price of €114
I am going to email her back and see if she cant better the offer.
After all, the insurance covers only 30+ year olds so its not as if kids are driving it.
Peachy-have pm´d you.

Karen
vino, sol y aire, y seras rico como nadie

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:39 am

got your pm thanks Karen...If she has quoted you the same as me,there must surely be a differnce in price for you(having what you have :wink: )as i dont have what you have :wink: i wouldve expected mine to be more expensive than yours...
all sounds double dutch to everyone else(sorry.. :oops: )but me and Karen know what we have and what we dont.. :lol:

karandjon
Andalucia Guru

Postby karandjon » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:23 pm

Well, its the same as linea directa told me last year. This company could ensure my scooter for €112 had it been a 125cc not a 50cc.

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:09 am

Have you asked for another quote Karen?
I have emailed her asking for a quote for the coche..that is due again in July-we are paying around €800.00 at the moment-so when she gets back in touch i will be interested to see how low she can get that.
As for the moto-i dont understand why a 125cc is cheaper than a 50cc-it must be all the kids that have them..

karandjon
Andalucia Guru

Postby karandjon » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:32 pm

hi peachy - yes it is because of the kids that have them. the woman at the insurance company was very good but she cant lower the quote at all, because of this. we only pay €250 for our 4x4 ins with linea directa and are happy with the breakdown cover with them, so wouldnt want to move that.

got an appt with the shop i bought my moto from last year. i´m going in next tues and he´s gonna quote me a cost for exchanging it for a 125cc! Trouble is, i imagine its lost a lot of value in this 1st year!we will see. :lol:

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:39 am

I went into my moto shop about 2 months after i bought my brand new heap of a bike.-she told me"if i wanted to sell it,i would have to sell it myself"-in other words...best of luck to you..we are well rid... :roll:
Im trying to look into taking my bike test in uk,so i can ride a bigger one...I love my moto,but its just got no poke when the time is needed..Its a really heavy bike..i dont know how these young kids pull wheeleys on them...as i struggle to get mine up a kerb,or even on its stand...
I have noticed the roads near me have got terrible with the last lot of rain we had...big pot hole shave appeared everywhere...its a nightmare when its dark,its a memory game trying to remember where the pot holes were in the daylight,as some are that deep they will throw you off... :roll: :wink:

karandjon
Andalucia Guru

Postby karandjon » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:42 pm

my driving licence in uk allowed me to ride up to 125cc, and when i changed to spanish licence, this was included on that too.

If you check your licence, you´ll probably find you dont need to do a bike test to ride a 125cc.

i love my 50cc as it does 60kmh max (on a slight downhill slope), but tend to ride about 45/50kmh, and love it. Seems a shame that after 4 years insurance, you could have bought another new one!

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:40 am

haha..well my 50 cc is faster than yours-i have got nearly 70 out of it...with just me on board
65 at a push with me and my son on it...wind behind us perhaps...
:wink:
I will look at my licence..see what it says.. :wink:

ken2
Resident

Postby ken2 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:38 am

peachy you are so funny, but i think what i read you have wrote, i think your son is a bloody hero to be on the back with you at even 5km a hour ha ha ha for goodness sake dont get a bigger bike,sound like you can't stay on the one ya got ha ha you really crack me up

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:58 am

oi you!!!cheeky :wink:
My son loves it on the back...it was either i drove the car(to which he satrted crying at the thought)or i got a moto...i had to force him to get on the back(as we needed some form of transport to get him to school on-car or moto)But once he was on it..he didnt want to get off...My two "incidents"on it happened when i was on my own-he was at school-a big campo dog ran into the side of my bike from up a side street,and the other down a ditch incident :lol:
He is a complete star,and we have great fun on the bike..we always sing songs on the back going home from school..and its those memories that will live with me when im old and grey.We have a fab time together-mother and son on it.. :wink: :lol: :lol: (ooh i feel all teary) :cry: :wink:

ken2
Resident

Postby ken2 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:32 pm

and the other down a ditch incident , any chance of telling us a little more about this, ha ha ha

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:04 am

ummmmmm...nope! :oops: :lol: