NUMBER PLATE CHANGE TO SPANISH

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
witt543
Tourist

NUMBER PLATE CHANGE TO SPANISH

Postby witt543 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:09 pm

I AM IN PROCESS OF CHANGING MY UK REG CAR TO SPANISH, I HAVE PASSED THE ITV AND RECEIVED THE GREEN ITV DOCUMENT, BUT MY ADVISOR TELLS ME NOW I HAVE TO RETURN TO ITV STATION IN MALAGA AFTER AN APPOINTMENT MADE TO HAVE THE NEW SPANISH PLATES FITTED, IS THIS CORRECT. ALSO WHEN OR WHERE DO I RECEIVE THE PERMISO DE CIRCULACION DOCUMENT GIVING MY DETAILS AND CAR DETAILS, DOES THIS ARRIVE AFTER PLATES AND NUMBER ALLOCATED. MANY THANKS.

annfoto
Resident

Re: NUMBER PLATE CHANGE TO SPANISH

Postby annfoto » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:15 pm

No idea but why are you shouting? or is your caps lock stuck? :wtf:
Ann

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:43 pm

Hi witt543,
Would have thought your "advisor" Gestor ?............should be doing all the paper work and getting the plates, then you just have to fit them yourself.

That's how it is up here in Jaén Province.
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

dxf
Resident

Postby dxf » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:12 pm

Hi

Are you sure that you have all the correct paperwork from the ITV station. If you pm me I will happily send you a copy of our costs and procedures.
Basically, firstly get a "Baja de Residencia" to save having to pay the first registration tax.
Second get a ficha technical reducida if you do not have a certificate of European Conformity
Ensure you have a new green NIE form and a recent (under than 3 months) Empadron
Undertake ITV and a week later collect documentation
Go to Hacienda with all documentation and get a certificate exempting you from paying the 1st registration tax
Pay the road tax
Take all documentation to Trafico returning next day to learn what your number plate will be (and collect documentation)

Lastly - in my experience - there is always a number plate maker around Trafico - so take paperwork and pay around 25 euros

Davexf
Last edited by dxf on Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:26 pm

Great answer dfx - you have detailed all the steps he has done, or it is too late to do (exemption) but not told him what he asked - where/how does he get and fit the actual plates! :roll:
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:40 pm

I don't know if the OP's "advisor" is a gestor, assessoria or whatever, but if he's paid for the matriculation to be done on his behalf the plates should be sitting on the officials desk wrapped in nice shrink wrap awaiting fitment.

At least that's what's happened for me with the few cars I've matriculated over there............no rhyme or reason for going to the ITV centre for this.............obviously crossed wires/misinformation somewhere.
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.

dxf
Resident

Postby dxf » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:21 pm

Hi

Have added a sentence to my original post

Davexf

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:38 pm

Devils Advocate wrote:I don't know if the OP's "advisor" is a gestor, assessoria or whatever, but if he's paid for the matriculation to be done on his behalf the plates should be sitting on the officials desk wrapped in nice shrink wrap awaiting fitment.

At least that's what's happened for me with the few cars I've matriculated over there............no rhyme or reason for going to the ITV centre for this.............obviously crossed wires/misinformation somewhere.

exactly what i was going to say..

but im waiting for a post from the OP.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.