Spanish equivalent of SORN?

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
olive
Andalucia Guru

Spanish equivalent of SORN?

Postby olive » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:56 am

Hi, Does anyone know how I would go about advising the authorities that I want to take a Spanish matriculated car off the road (will be kept in my garage on private land) for a few months while I fix it up at leisure?

I presume that I will need to visit Trafico in Granada. ( I have already started taking valium) Is there a modelo and a cost?

What happens about circulation tax? Mine is paid yearly in May but I never get a reminder yet I am on the system.

Presumably I get something from Trafico that I take to my car insurance so that isn't automatically renewed in March.Can car insurance be suspended for say 4 months and then reactivated?

Finally, when I am ready to go for ITV, do you need another visit to Trafico.? If so what happens to restart circulation tax.

olive

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Re: Spanish equivalent of SORN?

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:18 am

Are you sure you really want to do this?:

http://www.dgt.es/was6/portal/contenido ... jatemp.pdf

If so this is probably the form you need:

http://www.dgt.es/was6/portal/contenido ... ellano.pdf
Let's go Brandon!

knowal
Resident

Postby knowal » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:35 am

Is it actually worth the bother?
The annual tax isn't too much and the money spent running around and the wear on your stress might not be worth it.
Your insurance company might suspend your insurance until the work has been done, which might save you a fair sum.
Just make sure you don't accidentally set fire to the vehicle whilst working on it!

gus-lopez
Resident

Postby gus-lopez » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:22 pm

With my spanish insurance company your no claims bonus expires after one month !! Then you're back to paying full wack. When I first took out insurance they wouldn't accept my two Uk NCB's as they were 2 months old but they accepted a 3rd current policys ncb , even though I still had a vehicle on it !! I'd definitely check before you suspend / cancel it.
Todos somos Lorca.