The price of fuel

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
Trooperman
Resident

The price of fuel

Postby Trooperman » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:28 am

A friend has just sent me this link for searching the best fuel prices throughout Spain:

http://geoportal.mityc.es/hidrocarburos/eess/

I've not yet spent ages devouring it but an initial scan suggests a bit of a cartel in operation.

Any thoughts on the prices or the usefulness of the site?
nil illegitimum carborundum

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Re: The price of fuel

Postby chrissiehope » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:24 am

Yes, I gave this link (among others) in viewtopic.php?f=22&t=26038 -

We know the cheapest ones in our area now, but we use it if we're driving somewhere we don't know :D
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

gus-lopez
Resident

Postby gus-lopez » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:39 pm

It's normally accurate. Although the one I use diesel was 127,7 yesterday & now it's showing as 132,5. Yes the prices are the same . It is a cartel ,most places get an e-mail 1st thing in the morning telling them what to adjust the price too. The only ones with lower prices are the independents that haul their own fuel.
Todos somos Lorca.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:19 pm

One of the many things I liked about Spain was that fuel was about the same price anywhere you went including motorway stations and rural stations. Our nearest is 8 miles away and the next is 28 miles away. If the nearest shuts folk will drive to the nearest town and do their shopping there too with the inevitable demise of the local shops. Sound familiar?

I see the likes of Eroski and I think Alcampo do 5cents off for a spend of 50 euros type offer on fuel. Thin end of the wedge perhaps.

I recently went to Britain and did about 1500 miles. The price variation of fuel was staggering. Had to smile at one point having just filled up at 128.9 the next garage only a mile away had someone filling up at 135.9! Company acct?

olive