Parking fine

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
Pintxo
Andalucia.com Amigo

Parking fine

Postby Pintxo » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:07 pm

I visited the market/car boot in Nerja Sunday just gone and as usual parked half on the pavement in the centre as I (all regular spots filled) and todo el mundo has done for the past five visits. It didn't dawn on me at the time (10.00) why I was the only one parked there...just thought, oh well, quiet day, holiday season. Came back to find a Denuncia on my windscreen for 200 sodding euros!!! Is this normal, appealable, or am I an early victim of much needed governmental 'clawbacks/taxes'??

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Re: Parking fine

Postby gerryh » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:11 pm

Pintxo wrote: Is this normal, appealable, or am I an early victim of much needed governmental 'clawbacks/taxes'??
Yes, No, Possibly.
If you pay early you might get a discount.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Postby Campo Steve » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:40 am

As Gerry says, early payment may get you a discount. If applicable that option should be printed on the denuncia. I picked up a parking ticket in Almeria last year (didn't see the ticket machine). Various payment options were included with it.

As for being appealable, why should it be? Just because everyone else parks on the pavement doesn't make it right or legal. Personally I would ticket all cars that park on the pavement.
I've got an inferiority complex, but it's not a very good one!

ajtg1952
Resident

Postby ajtg1952 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:11 am

Campo Steve wrote:Personally I would ticket all cars that park on the pavement.
I would go one further, and remove the offending car and crush it. Has the original poster very tried maneuvering a pram past cars parked partly on the footpath. If they had they would never park that way again !!....

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:45 am

It is much safer to follow the national habit and always park on those white striped areas - sometimes raised - that are all over the place. It doesn't seem to matter if the car overhangs at both ends, either!
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Postby Campo Steve » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:48 am

Zebra crossings are a popular place to park.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:19 am

Campo Steve wrote:Zebra crossings are a popular place to park.

That's a very dangerous place to park - some idiot pedestrian might walk across your bonnet! :lol:

Sid

gus-lopez
Resident

Postby gus-lopez » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:51 am

ajtg1952 wrote:
I would go one further, and remove the offending car and crush it. Has the original poster very tried maneuvering a pram past cars parked partly on the footpath. If they had they would never park that way again !!....
Very true , unfortunately we tend to have nice clear pavements around here so why then do the half-wits insist on walking in the road ?
It's only 80€ tow-away fee up here !
Todos somos Lorca.

Pintxo
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Pintxo » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:07 pm

ajtg1952 wrote:

Could you point this out a bit more highlighted for ajt and Campo steve....seems they are angels on earth :lolno:

Pintxo
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Pintxo » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:09 pm

gus-lopez wrote:
ajtg1952 wrote:
Very true , unfortunately we tend to have nice clear pavements around here so why then do the half-wits insist on walking in the road ?
It's only 80€ tow-away fee up here !

I as a rule tend to follow what is usually good advice....when in Rome.....that's why I parked there, behind every other LHD Spanish plated car.....I suppose they could have ALL been English??? :wink:

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:17 pm

Pintxo wrote:
I as a rule tend to follow what is usually good advice....when in Rome.....that's why I parked there, behind every other LHD Spanish plated car.....I suppose they could have ALL been English??? :wink:
I quote from your original post:-
" It didn't dawn on me at the time (10.00) why I was the only one parked there..."
So as no one else was illegally parked why did you think it was OK for you to do so?
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Postby Campo Steve » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:33 pm

Beat me to it Gerry. Original posd no one else was parked there but then he goes on about "when in Rome" etc.

As for his uncalled for comment about me being an angel,I am certainly no angel and don't claim to be. I just don't agree with deliberately breaking the law, especially when it inconveniences others. I am sure ajtg is the same.

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:01 pm

ajtg1952 wrote:
So would I. As a pedestrian (non-driver, by choice) I don't see why mothers with pushchairs, people pushing wheelchairs, old people with walking sticks or zimmer frames, or even I, should have to walk in the road dodging oncoming traffic because some lazy inconsiderate person can't be bothered to find a parking space and walk from there to where they want to be. Same applies to those who park across dropped kerbs and on pedestrian crossings.

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:07 pm

Campo Steve
I picked up a parking ticket in Almeria last year
As well as the two you picked up in Almuñecar? Arf arf arf.
Dave

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Postby Campo Steve » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:41 pm

It began with an A. You're right, it was Almunecar. Two tickets as we had both cars with us. Not an intentional transgression.

Pintxo
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Pintxo » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:28 pm

Campo Steve wrote:Beat me to it Gerry. Original posd no one else was parked there but then he goes on about "when in Rome" etc.

As for his uncalled for comment about me being an angel,I am certainly no angel and don't claim to be. I just don't agree with deliberately breaking the law, especially when it inconveniences others. I am sure ajtg is the same.

There was still plenty of space to get prams/zimmers etc past............I assumed (wrongly obviously) that I had beaten the rush for part pavement parking as had been the norm every other week I had visited. In that area even without pavement parking, everybody walks in the road anyway, (it's a virtual cul-de-sac)with prams, pushchairs et al to go to the market.
If you aren't an angel (self confessed, transgressions elsewhere??) then your stance is arrogant to say the least. People in glass houses etc........

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Postby Campo Steve » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:06 pm

Transgressions - yes, intentional ones - no. Nothing arrogant about suggesting it is wrong to intentionally break the law.

ajtg1952
Resident

Postby ajtg1952 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:35 pm

[quote="Pintxo People in glass houses etc........[/quote]
I have been driving for forty two years and I have never had a parking ticket....... Basically because I have never parked where I should not have or not payed the appropriate fee, does that make me wrong !!...

Pintxo
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Pintxo » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:59 pm

I've been driving for 45 years and only picked up three parking tickets....you starting a pi$$ing contest? My inital post was about the severity of the fine not the fact that I had transgressed and was trying to wheedle out of it.
To my longstanding knowlege forums are about feedback to posts, not outright condemnation from forum police and pseudo parking warden cliques.

ajtg1952
Resident

Postby ajtg1952 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:11 pm

I take it a nerve has just been touched; I think you have just answered your original question !!.....
Last edited by ajtg1952 on Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.