Parking fine

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
Pintxo
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Parking fine

Postby Pintxo » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:15 pm

gerryh wrote:
Pintxo wrote: Is this normal, appealable, or am I an early victim of much needed governmental 'clawbacks/taxes'??
Yes, No, Possibly.
If you pay early you might get a discount.
Cheers
Gerry

Thanks Gerry, that's more the advice I was seeking.

Chunky Monky
Resident

Postby Chunky Monky » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:54 am

Come on lads, knock it off!

Otherwise it's just 'Handbags-at-dawn' :shock: :lol: :lol:

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:35 pm

I got a parking fine in Antequera (about 7 years ago now)- I had parked, along with loads of other cars, behind the bullring early in the morning, where parking was permitted. I got back to the car and noticed a BIG ladder on the pavement, got in my car and drove off- I then noticed a parking ticket flapping under the wiper :thumbdown: I went back in the evening to look where I had parked and a man was going around putting up no parking signs as the fair ground stuff was due to arrive. The signs were not there when I parked, I would have noticed them, they were massive!
I went to the police station to pay the fine and said there was no signs up when I parked in the morning, nor when I picked up the car, but he just shrugged his shoulders. That was the last time I used the ´free´ parking on the street after that it was the underground parking or the pay to park (if there were spaces) from memory I paid around 35€ Not a huge amount, but I was mad as the sign was not there when I parked the car at 9am! I could not prove it though, so I put it down to experience and learned a lesson- not to expect free parking!!

Bluefish
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Bluefish » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:49 pm

:think: I agree with you Chunky Monky.....those Gucci bags from a cafe at FingerLa port and at dawn and at 50 yards. What is this forum coming to !!! Now where did I park my car....oh !!.....that's right. I haven't got one.!!! :angel:
There are three types of people; those who can count and those who can't

littleeak
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby littleeak » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:03 pm

Pintxo wrote:Came back to find a Denuncia on my windscreen for 200 sodding euros!!!
You're lucky that your car was still there. They have become very fond of 'grua-ing' illegally parked cars at the market lately! That would mean an additional 100 or so euros to reclaim your car.

mdavid
Tourist

Postby mdavid » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:43 am

If its not the pavements, then where else does one park? are there any places for charged parking then that are atleast safe?
[url=http://www.bostonmanorhotel.com/]Hotels Chiswick[/url] | [url=http://www.airportdirect.com/heathrow_airport_transfer]heathrow taxis[/url]

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:00 am

If there are no official parking bays (pay to park bays are normally painted with blue lines) then it is a case of driving about to find a space on the street, you might end up having to walk a distance though, but look on it as good exercise.