Glossary of car terms

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
alisonb
Resident

Glossary of car terms

Postby alisonb » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:59 am

I don't think this has been posted before, but well worth a look. We were looking for technical terms for speaking to a garage, and found this https://www.ase.com/medialibrary/images ... ersion.pdf

It's 54 pages long and has every conceivable translation you could wish for.
AlisonB

swerve
Resident

Re: Glossary of car terms

Postby swerve » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:00 am

Thanks very interesting.
It always seems imposible until its done. Nelson Mandela

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:06 am

Hi alisonb,
That Kangoo playing up........what's the problem........ :?:
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

alisonb
Resident

Postby alisonb » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:40 pm

Which one?! Yesterday's was new power steering pump fitted. We've started using a garage called Autalleres Taxa in Benamargosa. Too far for you Enrique, but the two Spanish guys there are absolute stars. They've been there for ever. We drove it down yesterday morning, and since they couldn't do it straight away their receptionist (wife of one, sister of the other) came back home with us then drove the car down. They brought it back yesterday evening, with a total labour charge of 31 euros, including fitting the pump. None of the three speak any English, but I get by with the glossary. Other than that it's been remarkably well behaved. The last time it was in there was preITV and service in January. And that time they lent us their car.
AlisonB

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:30 pm

Hi alisonb,
Good to hear the Kangoo is still going strong...........and you have found a great taller.

My three are going well too and only go in when needing "special" tools to carry out certain tasks, the rest I can do as I have Renault tools for the regular tasks.

Another way to locate the name of a particular part is pop into a Motor Factors (Recambios ) and have a look at the Parts book with the exploded diagrams and take a picture on your phone.

As Beni would say................

All the best from Mr Kangoo.............. :D
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

alisonb
Resident

Postby alisonb » Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:09 pm

Going through the parts book is far too technical for me - and him indoors! Glad yours are going well too. If the garage ever shuts down, you'll be my next port of call. X
AlisonB