issues with an LHD on UK plates.

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
olive
Andalucia Guru

issues with an LHD on UK plates.

Postby olive » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:52 pm

I have at long last tracked down a promising specific model low mileage car LHD with service history from a trustworthy vendor in the UK. Vendor is a trader not a dealer, in very specific cars. It comes with an EU certificate of conformity.

I am going over to see it next week and presume it will be on UK plates. Headlights are changeable to UK use by lever.

So what issues might there be? Could there be fines O/S in the country it was first registered? What is the EU certificate of conformity? Is that model specific or vehicle specific.?

I have registered a Uk vehicle here before but this time I would use my gestor. :lol:

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Re: issues with an LHD on UK plates.

Postby Devils Advocate » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:27 pm

Olive it'll probably be fine I'd guess if the guy has all the paperwork with it.

One question, what's the difference between a trader and a dealer in your mind?

I think I'll know your answer but just checking......I guess you'll say a trader sells from his front drive?
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:14 pm

Correct guess DA.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:33 pm

A trader and a dealer are one and the same in the eyes of trading standards. You either sell your own car as a private seller or for a profit as a business. Big glass showroom or tescos car park makes no difference.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:38 pm

An EU coc is unique to each vehicle. You need the original not a copy. This document makes re registration in another member state very easy.

MartinEB
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby MartinEB » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:22 am

costakid wrote:An EU coc is unique to each vehicle. You need the original not a copy.
I was surprised at how easy it is to get one. My LHD Peuget Partner is going back to the UK with us later this year, contacted Peugeot UK about the COC, it arrived last week. Took just 5 days and £100. :clap: I did look on a random google search, a Spanish firm "specializing" in COC's wanted 243€ :thumbdown:

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:38 am

costakid wrote:A trader and a dealer are one and the same in the eyes of trading standards.
And in my eyes too :mrgreen:
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.

lmj56
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby lmj56 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:44 pm

Been looking into this myself. Lucky to be able to change headlight direction by a lever, so much easier.
Good luck with your endeavours.