Motorbike inspection

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
bbobandannie
Andalucia.com Amigo

Motorbike inspection

Postby bbobandannie » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:36 am

I am looking to bring over my Yamaha Fazer. It is a 2000 model and it appears that Yamaha didn't provide a European Certificate of Conformity until post 2000. As I understand it, I can have the bike inspected by an engineer to confirm that it can be imported. Is this true and if so, does anyone know of an engineer that can be recommended in either the Coin or Ronda area and, just as important, can anyone recommend a gestor in the same areas for the process. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Trooperman
Resident

Re: Motorbike inspection

Postby Trooperman » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:40 pm

The best gestor for miles around for anything to do with vehicles (and I assume she would know the process for bikes as well as cars 'tho I've only used her for the former) is Maria in Estepona
Her phone is 952 794 769. Not sure of the exact address, but it's a first floor office in Calle Real - the pedestrian shopping street that parallels the coast road 1 block in from the Avenida España. Somewhere around number 90 I think. Someone else recently told me she was on "pregnancy" leave (whatever that's called!) but the office copes!
nil illegitimum carborundum

Trooperman
Resident

Postby Trooperman » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:57 pm

Edit: should have said I've only used her for the latter i.e. cars!

bbobandannie
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby bbobandannie » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:02 am

Trooperman

You are a star. We will take a trip down there. As it´s not happening for another 4-5 months, hopefully she will be back by then. Thanks again.

bbobandannie
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby bbobandannie » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:27 am

Trooperman

Its a different phone umber shown on the web site but could the company name be "Gestoria Barrera"?

Trooperman
Resident

Postby Trooperman » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:59 am

I think that's it....but the web site I looked has the phone number I showed above viz: 952 794 769

bbobandannie
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby bbobandannie » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:50 pm

Trooperman,

Yep you are correct. Not sure where my brain *beep* came from. Thanks for the info