Trapiche market car

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
elusive
Andalucia Guru

Trapiche market car

Postby elusive » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:36 am

Not that i take enjoyment out of any accident. But i had to smirk as i drove past the entrance tp the market yesterday where a clapped out J reg british plated car thats always at the market along with all the other illegal cars there had had a head on while pulling out (no one hurt) police where on the scene filing out paper work. Hope the driver has his tax mot and insurance to hand :shh: hope he had the book thrown at him. :evil:

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Re: Trapiche market car

Postby BENIDORM » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:57 am

I also dislike seeing expats abusing the system , however I wouldn't like to pass judgement on them without knowing their full circumstances, they may be in dire straits...If not they deserve all they get.
Although in Spain it is not difficult to cross the line of the law, and I would guess that most people have strayed into the illegal side of matters at some point....including me ... :oops:

The annoying thing is that most matters are actually easy to resolve and it's far better to try to conform with the law if possible and in the long run much cheaper and you feel much more at ease and not always looking over your shoulder.
But of course language barriers and general unawareness of the laws play a big part in most of our lives.

It would be interesting to know if the 'guilty' expat appears at the next market....I guess not :lol:

Regards,
Gordon

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:20 pm

Nicely put Gordon

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:29 pm

Stop being so nice gordon :D seriously u seem a lovely guy. Personally my only sympathy is with the person he has gone into.

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:50 pm

Elusive,
Thank You.... :D

Well he probably is a scumbag, but I don't know him, but if he is I sincerely hope that he gets his *beep*-up-ence..
( is that the correct way to spell it , Peter ? )

Please let us know if he's there next week... :thumbup:

Regards,
Gordon

CurtThoughts
Tourist

Postby CurtThoughts » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:00 pm

Gordon has a point

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:16 pm

I just have a real issue with all the tax dodging illegal car driving brits who prob sit around reading the dail fail moaning about all the foreign jonnies in the U.K. anyway at least its one less of them on the roads.its one of the things that gets right on my bits about spain and the apparent lack of action by the police. My area is full of fake m.o..t ,no tax etc etc british cars and a few swiss porches who obviously cant afford to change their plates (not!) Always seems to be the loaded ones who will and are fiddling the system.not that i have any sympathy for those who cant afford to do things by the book but at least they have an "excuse" anyway rant for the day over i have spanish verb class soon :crazy:

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:29 am

Just for Gordon..."comeuppance
kʌmˈʌp(ə)ns/
nouninformal
a punishment or fate that someone deserves.
"he got his comeuppance in the end"
synonyms: just deserts, deserved fate, due, due reward, just punishment, retribution, requital; archaicrecompense
"in those films the villain always got his comeuppance"

We actually called in at the market yesterday for first visit in months....carpark still full of bangers and vans on UK plates. Just glad our fully-legal car did not get involved in someone else's mess!
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:10 am

Good Morning Peter,
Thank you for that, I knew that my dyslexic version was probably was incorrect, still I guess most people knew what I meant. :)

We've not visited Trapiche Market for a few years, is it worth visiting ?

Regards,
Gordon

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:31 am

"We've not visited Trapiche Market for a few years, is it worth visiting ?"
In my view, no. It was useful if you needed vegetables not common in the local shops like turnips, but the Spanish have caught up on these. Basically there is nothing there that cannot be found elsewhere, and it is just a place to catch up on the ex-pat gossip! We only went as we had appointments at our medical centre 7km before it, so driving gently in the new hybrid it costs about an extra euro in fuel! We did buy a couple of Kate & Sidney pies, and a pork pie.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:14 am

Thank you Peter for your assessment of the viability of attending the Trapiche market, and it is as I thought .

I've always really enjoyed visiting car boots/ flea-markets, mainly to further my collections of objet d'art, and to support other Brits trying to make some money, however I can give the Brit gossip a miss.!
The problem with Expat car-boots /markets I think is the fact that week after week many sellers turn up with the same old tat, often overpriced/faulty/broken and dirty, I'm not condemning all sellers, some do an excellent job and offer a good service.

Regards,
Gordon