An Observation

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
elusive
Andalucia Guru

Re: An Observation

Postby elusive » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:49 pm

Wonder if the local cops will go after the porshe and bmw swiz plated cars near us. Poor buggers only live in a near million euro house. They must not be able to afford to transfer their plates

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:55 pm

The Frigiliana local mob are quite alert, strangely, and have been known to spot a long term resident driving a foreign plated car and politely give them a nudge or else. I know of several. We were classed as OK when we lived there as we did the right thing.
You mean the black Swiss reg BMW estate with a designated parking slot do you.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:10 pm

Yeah thats the one. They have a nice porshe boxer aswell. Germans who moved over the border. Wonder why! Ive seen one brit car in the village with a police aware sticker on but nothing else. They just dont seem to be intrested considering the amount around. If locals notice them then surely they do

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:12 pm

Big car, big head, big brown envelope.....
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:54 pm

There used to be a bloke, 7 or 8 years ago, who had a Mondeo and he had UK plates but spaced and coloured to look Spanish, at a glance. It was scrapped.

The point of my original post was nothing other than the police here at least, I now know as I have spoken to the Swede, are taking an interest in nationalities other than Brits that are cheating. Kurt was given a month or else.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:03 am

There used to be a bloke, 7 or 8 years ago, who had a Mondeo and he had UK plates but spaced and coloured to look Spanish, at a glance. It was scrapped.
---------

Sounds like the uk plated car ive seen that has changed its rear plate to white so it doesnt stand out as much from a distance. No tax or mot for years.

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:11 am

IS it still around I thought it had been terminated.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:39 pm

No no this is a diff car. But before i read the it had been scraped part the car with the police aware sticker on is a mondeo.about 13 years old. Maybe its the same one!! I'll have a nosey when im up that end.see what its rear plate looks like.