Speeding Fines Check

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
Buffy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Speeding Fines Check

Postby Buffy » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:29 pm

Please could someone tell me the website for checking speeding fines against registration number and NIE. Could you also please explain which section to look in. TIA

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: Speeding Fines Check

Postby Enrique » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:53 pm

Hi Buffy,

Taken from a POST by Beachcomber.................

In the event of any traffic offence committed you will receive a notification to check the DEV. The details of any offence will not be given in the email. Check here:

https://sede.dgt.gob.es/es/aplicaciones ... cado.shtml
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:56 pm

That link is only valid in the event that you have a digital signature. If you do not have one try here:

https://sede.dgt.gob.es/es/aplicaciones ... cado.shtml

The truncated versions of these links appear identical but they are actually different. Enter your NIE number, name or vehicle registration number one at a time. This system is not foolproof and by the time the fine shows on the TESTRA index it may be too late to qualify for the discount.

The only certain method is to obtain a digital signature (or a Cl@ve Pin) and register with DGT for notifications which is more or less immediate.

There is also a third party web site called 'Buscamultas' but their information is only compiled from the provincial bulletin and the entry may not appear until several months after the date of the offence by which time the fine will be attracting surcharges for late payment as well as another fine with surcharges for not responding to a request for the identity of the driver.
Let's go Brandon!

Buffy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Buffy » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:16 pm

Thank you Beachcomber,
Where do you enter NIE or Car reg number? I will get a digital signature as that is a good solution.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:05 pm

Just enter the details in the search box.
Let's go Brandon!

Buffy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Buffy » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:09 pm

that's what I did and nothing came up. Will get registered though. Thanks for you help Beachcomer

Gasman
Resident

Postby Gasman » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:37 pm

Buffy - depending on your area and how accessible your nearest Traffico office is, consider just going in there and ask. We were concerned that we may have been "done" for speeding on a country lane and searched the websites for notification. We called into the Traffico and spotted a notice therein saying you could check there and then. Queued up for a very short time and the lady at the desk took a careful look into their computer and was able to confirm that there was no outstanding Multa.
We provided immatriculation of the vehicle, driving license, NIE number of owner of vehicle ...

Buffy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Buffy » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:47 pm

Oh thanks for that Gasman. I'll do that

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:51 pm

Buffy wrote: I will get a digital signature as that is a good solution.
You might find the new Cl@ve digital access easier to set up and use. It will eventually replace digital certificates which are annoyingly dependant on stuff on your PC. Cl@ve can be accessed from a phone if you need it. I'm very impressed by it.

http://clave.gob.es/clave_Home/clave.html

Sid

jaycecampo
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby jaycecampo » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:31 pm

Am I correct in saying that if you are insured with Linea Directa they can check any fines for you.