Cross-border rental

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Cross-border rental

Postby peteroldracer » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:13 pm

I am sure there has been a query before on this forum about renting a car and taking it to another country?
I recently queried age restrictions on a hire - the company did not answer, but sent the following, thought it might be of use to someone? The company is Europcar...
"In response to your query, I can confirm that our vehicles may be taken abroad with the exception of premium, luxury, prestige, box tail lift vans, LDV Maxus vans & minibuses. In order to take a vehicle abroad you will be required to purchase our Europdrive Cover (this also applies for vehicles going to the Republic of Ireland). Written permission is required to take any vehicle outside the UK which will be provided from your local branch upon pick-up of the vehicle.
You are responsible for any equipment required by law (for example reflective jacket/GB stickers) however, these may be available to purchase at the rental station. For further information on country specific regulations, please visit www.nationaldrivesafe.co.uk.
The cost of the Europdrive Cover is dependant upon the period that the vehicle will be abroad and is as follows:
(The chart will not print out correctly on here)
You can place a booking including the Europdrive cover by contacting our reservations team at 0871 384 9900, who will be more than happy to assist.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Cross-border rental

Postby costakid » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:12 am

We rented at Nice airport and we were told not it is not possible to take the car into Italy. They warn you at Nice because the Italian boarder is so close.