Minimoto

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
john the baptist
Resident

Minimoto

Postby john the baptist » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:45 pm

Hi there are many cheap mini moto or pit bikes now available. I was thinking of getting one but there is very limited places or uses. Can I please ask if anyone aware if there are official or non official race meeting for these pocket bikes and or any tracks or places to use them.

Spain is motorbike mad however the guardia are very happy to take money off you if you are in private land or public roads with a non road bike. does anyone know the law. Is there minimal access right for people (i know moutain bikes are never an issue) however a little two stroke motor will get you in alot of trouble.

Does anyone there own these bikes or trial bikes?? im interest as they can fit in the car do not need official registrations and arr cheap enought to be disposable. also good fun for the kids (in the garden of course).

Any thought or suggestions???

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Minimoto

Postby costakid » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:07 pm

I bought my son a mini moto GP replica from a company online years ago. It was a Chinese import an was an absolute piece of cr+p. A friend of mine looked at it and said he would not let his son ride it. I put it in the garage and gave it away as a non runner about 5 years later. Do not buy a Chinese one.

john the baptist
Resident

Re: Minimoto

Postby john the baptist » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:10 pm

ok thanks for the advice, they are cheap and do look crap. the off road one called orion i believe are spanish and made,

I wanted to try off roading but also need to car get me to remote places are there any tracks????