ITV for import No Sticker

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
Paddy Pumpkin
Andalucia.com Amigo

ITV for import No Sticker

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:35 pm

I imported a 3 year old car and all registered and happy. However I realised my car does not have an ITV sticker. Legally I don't need to have an ITV on my car until it is 4 years old, so for now there is no need to have the sticker. However next year it will be 4 years old and should have a sticker for 2019 ITV expiry. So I emailed the ITV garage to explain I have no sticker. Their reply was the ITV I got was for an import. If I want a sticker I need to have the ITV done again (just a regular ITV) Are they trying it on so I have to pay again?

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Re: ITV for import No Sticker

Postby TorreDelAguila » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:44 pm

When we imporrted our then 10-year-old UK car, a matriculation-ITV test was part of the replating process.
The surprise was that the newly-registered vehicle was then treated as 'new', and did not attract a further test until it was four years older!
Presumably that loophole has been put right...
Chris

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:53 pm

Presumably that loophole has been put right..."
AFAIK no!
The saddest people are those that cannot laugh at themselves

Paddy Pumpkin
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:02 pm

TorreDelAguila wrote:When we imporrted our then 10-year-old UK car, a matriculation-ITV test was part of the replating process.
The surprise was that the newly-registered vehicle was then treated as 'new', and did not attract a further test until it was four years older!
Presumably that loophole has been put right...

I think it has been closed. My Ficha Technica says the ITV is due in 2019

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:48 pm

So you have answered your own question paddy......?
The saddest people are those that cannot laugh at themselves

Paddy Pumpkin
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:54 pm

Thanks for your help but No I haven't answered.my own question. My original question is regarding how I get a sticker, that remains unanswered. The loophole that may have existed in the past about not needing a sticker until you need an ITV appears to have been closed.

I am still in the dilemma of not needing a sticker until 2018 but I don't need an ITV until 2019. Everybody else I know who imported a car got a sticker with the first ITV. I didn't and the garage want me to pay again for a normal ITV to get a sticker.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:42 pm

When I had a new windscreen fitted I just went to the ITV station where the car was last tested and asked for a new sticker and was given one.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Return to “Cars, Bikes & Motoring”