DGT email notifications

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

DGT email notifications

Postby Wicksey » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:38 pm

I was previously set up to receive any notifications of motoring fines on my computer but I have changed my PC and didn't install the digital certificates on it until now. They were updated a while ago but I thought that things carried on as before when it was renewed. Now I cannot access the DGT site and I'm not sure if I have to re-register on it to receive any notifications. I can't remember, or see or the site, how I register. Help!

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Re: DGT email notifications

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:17 pm

Although the digital certificates have to be renewed your subscription to DGT, AEAT etc. does not.

This is the link for accessing the DGT site with your digital certificate:

https://sede.dgt.gob.es/es/aplicaciones ... cado.shtml

You need to give it several seconds to connect.

You can access the site without being registered but obviously you will not receive notifications. The notification emails do not give details of the offence but merely inform you that you need to check the notification on the DGT site with your digital certificate.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:02 pm

Can't get that link to work Beachcomber. Just comes up wiht a little sad-faced square icon!

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:29 pm

Does the direct DGT link work:

http://www.dgt.es/es/

Are you trying to access the link on a smart phone/tablet or on a PC?

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:42 pm

Yes the last link worked Ok and I'm using a PC.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:59 pm

Assuming that your digital certificate is installed properly this sounds like the 'Secure connection failed' problem but it normally gives you the option to add a security exception. Which browser are you using?

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:13 pm

Chrome. That seems to ring a bell now - did I have to do this in another browser before such as Internet Explorer?

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:22 pm

Yes, try importing your digital certificate into another browser and access the link from there. I use Pale Moon and Firefox and once I had made the necessary security exception it worked perfectly.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:40 pm

The certificate was imported into the certificate file on my PC. I have tried opening up the first link on IE but get the message
•Make sure the web address https://sedeapl.dgt.gob.es:9443 is correct.
•Look for the page with your search engine.
•Refresh the page in a few minutes.
I'm not sure how to import into the browser rather than just into my own files on the computer and also can't see how to make a security exception ... is that on the browser itself .... sorry to be thick!!

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:47 pm

I detest IE but I have opened it to ascertain the import path.

In IE click on Tools>Internet Options>Content>Certificates>Import then go to the folder on your PC where the certificate is stored and click on it. The certificate will only work if it is imported into the browser, it will not work from a file location on the computer.

The security exception dialogue may not appear. If it does click on 'Add exception'.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:15 am

I've done all that but it still won't display the page. I have tried going through the main site and accessing it and via an old email they sent me in 2016 but it still won't work. Does it have anything to do with the fact I have changed my PC and also now use a DNS? I thought there was something about having to use the original computer it was all set up on?

Is there anywhere else I can just put our NIE into to check if there are any motoring fines due? Living in the campo they do not have a postal address for us so I would hate to think there is anything outstanding.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:06 am

Hi Wicksey,
Once you have the Digital Signature(DS) you can use it on any computer , you Import DS into your current Browser and away you go.

I've just tried it with IE11 on a Windows 10 1709 system...........and get....... "An error occurred whilst processing request".

NB: this maybe an error my end...........will investigate later .

We all use a DNS so that should not come into it.

Beachcombers link in his First post above using Windows 10 1709 and Firefox 56.0.2 works as expected.

Is your DS still Valid....... ?
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:31 pm

It works in IE for me but with Windows 7.

You can access TESTRA without a digital certficate:

https://sede.dgt.gob.es/es/aplicaciones ... cado.shtml

but it is not as reliable as DEV and takes longer for the notification to appear by which time you will have lost the opportunity to pay with a discount and may incur further fines and surcharges for not identifying the driver. Enter your NIE and/or your name and/or the registration number of the vehicle.

Notwithstanding the fact that you cannot get your digital certificate to work I am fairly certain that your registration with DGT remains valid and that in the event of incurring a fine you will receive an email directing you to the DEV page to check.

Have you tried accessing other sites which require a digital certificate? If not try the AEAT one here:

https://www.agenciatributaria.gob.es/AE ... icio.shtml

This will at least indicate whether your problem lies with the certificate generally or with the DGT site in particular.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:40 pm

Hi Wicksey,
How are you doing with above............ :?:

Having a "play" .......Works as expected with Windows 7 and IE11............as per Beachcomber

Can't get it to work on Windows 10 1709 and IE11.........What Windows version are you running........... :?:

On IE11 when you look in Certificates-> Personal Tab can you see your DS..........Although the Import wizard says it is successful the DS doesn't appear in the correct place -> Personal............had to try a few of my "Backup" DS's before it loaded correctly............ :crazy:

Edited: Works on Windows 10 1709 IE11 as expected............ :D
Last edited by Enrique on Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:01 pm

Thanks for your input so far chaps!

I am on Windows 7 and I guess that IE is up to date as I bought this refurbished PC only a few weeks back. I renewed the DS last year and it's valid until 2019.

When I followed Beach's instructions on how to import it into the browser it said it was imported OK and I went through the wizard pages that came up in order to do it.

The only place I can find 'certificates' in IE is under Properties and there's a 'certificates' button to click on. When I look at the 'certificate path' is says Avast web/mail shield root and then links to dgt.gob.es under that. I cannot see 'certificates' and 'personal' anywhere else in the menu options, but when I imported it it said it was going into 'personal'

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:24 pm

Beach I cannot access my DS using the other AEAT site either.

I looked at the other Testra link for checking fines. I put our car reg into the 'Seleccione un criterio de Búsqueda' and it didn't find anything. Is that how you do it? It is really just in case there was something we didn't know about that was outstanding although I would like to get my email notifications sorted out for the future .... either that or I shouldn't drive so fast :) :)

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:20 pm

You are looking in the wrong place for your certificate. Follow this path:

Tools>Internet Options>Content>Certificates>Personal

Your certificate should show up in the panel.

Regarding TESTRA, try putting in your NIE number and your name in separate searches.

As I said before, you should still receive email notifications from DGT. You do not need to re-register when you renew your digital certificate.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:28 pm

Hi Wicksey,

Windows 7

IE11 click on cog top right of screen......in the menu select
Internet Options
Content
Certificates
The following Tabs appear
Personal.......... Other People..........Intermediate Certificates............etc
If your DS has Imported correctly it will be in the Personal

The DS renewed in 2015 and after should be valid for 4 years..........going on the ones I have done.

As I posted above some of my previously Exported DS did not Import...........have you other Exported Copies you can try........ :?:

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:50 pm

Thank you for your patience!!

Sorry .... I have found the personal area now and it's not in there but it is shown under the next tab, 'other people'.

I don't know what I saw with 2019 expiry date on it but I have looked again and it's 2020 so that would be 4 years after renewal.

I have a copy in my documents file on my PC and that's the only place I have it apart from my back up memory stick. I have tried to import from there and it says it has imported but it's not in 'personal' and that's where it says it should be going according to the import wizard. Do I need to restart the computer or anything or as it's in the 'other people' tab is there a way of moving it?

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:35 pm

Hi Wicksey,

When you ran the Import wizard were you in the Personal Tab in Certificates............. :?:

Then Import

The Follow will move the Certificate from Other People to Personal.

From the Start globe

Type certmgr.msc ........ right click on certmgr and Run as Administrator

Go to the Other People, right click on your Certificate and Cut

Go to Personal and Paste

Exit

You should now see your Certificate in Personal

If you can't follow the above please give me a PM of convenient time and I'll PM a phone number you can ring me on....... :idea: