Roof-rack & Ladders Question.

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
telboy
Resident

Roof-rack & Ladders Question.

Postby telboy » Wed May 02, 2018 12:59 pm

A friend of mine was recently nabbed by the Guardia Civil (local) for carrying ladders which were about 2ins over the length of his car, he had tied a rag to the end of the ladder but was told by the that anything transported on a roof rack that overlaps the car length must carry an official warning triangle, a bit of rag or the like will not do. Anyone point me in the direction of where this is documented? I need to head off to the coast to purchase ladders for my own, use a 200km round trip I don't want to suffer the same fate, although the ladders I will be carrying are within my cars length. Also, is there a ruling about how rook rack items should be secured. ie rope, ratchet straps, bungee straps?

cheers terry :thumbup:

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Roof-rack & Ladders Question.

Postby costakid » Wed May 02, 2018 3:41 pm

The problem with the Guardia is if they say it is wrong you struggle to argue your point. Sometimes I think they make the rules as they go along.
I remember a while back a conversation on here about driving with flip flops and also in tunnels with sunglasses on. No actual law against it but it can be classed as dangerous so if they want they can fine you.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Wed May 02, 2018 3:58 pm

Maybe have a look on CAB spain website or f.book group.they have loads of lists of all different laws

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Postby TorreDelAguila » Wed May 02, 2018 4:11 pm

Perhaps someone should have a word with the scooter/moped riders who carry buckets, mops and lengths of timber across their machines!

Seen a while ago at the motorway filling station in Algarrobo...
Image001r.jpg
Image001r.jpg (55.19 KiB) Viewed 2728 times
Chris