Car Scrapage scheme

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
costakid
Andalucia Guru

Car Scrapage scheme

Postby costakid » Fri May 18, 2018 9:25 pm

Is the car scrapage scheme still running in Spain? What discount do you get for taking in a car with ITV and running but 25 years old.

pensure1988
Resident

Re: Car Scrapage scheme

Postby pensure1988 » Fri May 18, 2018 10:42 pm

HI

Funding for this scheme ran out in July 2016. See website below.

https://reports.autovistagroup.com/blog ... the-market

David

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sat May 19, 2018 8:57 am

I thought they extended it?

pensure1988
Resident

Postby pensure1988 » Sat May 19, 2018 9:09 am

Not that I can see anything newer on the Internet. Maybe somebody in the Motor Industry can advise us differently.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sat May 19, 2018 9:29 am

No, they decided to spend the money in connection with electric vehicles. It is called PlanMovea

The ProMovea Plan will succeed the Pive and Movea plans, and will be focused on promoting the purchase of electric cars . It will have a budget of 20 million euros, thus increasing by 3.4 the budget of the previous Renove Plan, the Movea 2017.

In this way we are heading towards Renove Plans that will support efficient and sustainable mobility in comparison to the purchase of diesel and gasoline vehicles, which are no longer subsidized.

Although it is true that in the jump from the Pive Plan to the Movea Plan if we could appreciate some differences between the aid to be received by drivers who wanted to replace their old vehicle with the purchase of a new car, in the case of the Movea and ProMovea plans , subsidies for subsidized vehicles will not change .

With the new Renove Plan, the 100% electric vehicles will continue with a subsidy of 5,500 euros and will keep the 1,000 euros more in the case of installing a charging point linked to the vehicle obtained. Therefore, little change in this regard with respect to the 2017 plan.

Sid

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Sun May 20, 2018 9:00 am

On a slightly related note, where would a person pick-up a classic banger in Andalucia?
I also like to buy a small old dirt moped.
I do know the scrappage scheme means they are dead.
Ideally anywhere radius 100 km of Malaga/Sevilla.
I wouldn't mind buying a banger if in reasonable condition.
I had bought one but it fell through..