ITV Sticker

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
Lyric
Andalucia Guru

ITV Sticker

Postby Lyric » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:37 am

What is the correct position for an ITV sticker ? I have always thought top right looking from inside, but I saw Traffico in agitated debate and from the gestures it was the position of the sticker of the historical line of stickers they were discussing.

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Re: ITV Sticker

Postby BENIDORM » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:20 am

Good Morning Lyric,
I was told, by a policeman, that the sticker, as you stated, should be placed top right of the windscreen and that any previous stickers should be removed because it can obscure the drivers view..I agree that makes sense. :thumbup:

Regards,
Gordon

ajtg1952
Resident

Postby ajtg1952 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:34 am

It tells you on the ITV certificate exactly where to put it. Top right and remove previous stickers. A friend of mine was fined €50 for having 5 previous stickers in a row. I don't think it was anything to do with obstructing view as they were down the far right of the screen it was more to do with the time taken to find the current one.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:06 am

One of our old Spanish neighbours has an old Renault 5 and it must have 15 stickers down the side of the window. If its illegal you would think the mot station would remove them or ask the owner too.

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:55 am

I think us expats with our holiday homes in the sun are far more likely to get a ticket for a petty offense than a Spanish geezer going around in an old banger.
Whether we have wealth or not the perception is there in the eyes of the Spanish, it's just the way it is and i do not personally have a problem with it though i do not like getting tickets for anything.
I have no idea where the ticket should be but it on the top r/h of all cars i have noticed, i expect it need be on the lower corner of high vehicles...

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Postby TorreDelAguila » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:30 pm

Yes, top RH corner it is supposed to be.
On our RHD vehicle, it's bottom LH corner, so that driver's view is not interrupted.

The reason for (scruffy) vehicles displaying multiple old stickers was optimistically to try to visually fool the police into thinking that the collection included a current one, as the same limited number of sticker colours are used in rotation. A 2018 sticker is red, so if you're dispaying a red one . . .

Still amazed just how many Spanish vehicles are in use without an ITV sticker, and presumably a test certificate.
Last edited by TorreDelAguila on Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:08 pm

It's worth pointing out that in addition to displaying the sticker and having the Ficha Technica available for inspection, you must also carry the current test report.

Sid

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:55 pm

wollie wrote:I think us expats with our holiday homes in the sun are far more likely to get a ticket for a petty offense than a Spanish geezer going around in an old banger.
Whether we have wealth or not the perception is there in the eyes of the Spanish, it's just the way it is and i do not personally have a problem with it though i do not like getting tickets for anything.
I have no idea where the ticket should be but it on the top r/h of all cars i have noticed, i expect it need be on the lower corner of high vehicles...
How would they know what or who you are until you are stopped.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:24 pm

ANPR

Sid

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Postby TorreDelAguila » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:20 pm

El Cid wrote:It's worth pointing out that in addition to displaying the sticker and having the Ficha Technica available for inspection, you must also carry the current test report.
Sid
Really? Surely the details of it are immediately available to police?
Chris

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:34 pm

Maybe, but it quite clearly states on the back that it must be carried with the Ficha Technica.

Sid

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:51 pm

Like the insistence of an insurance certificate when presenting for an ITV. Algorobbo yesterday didn't even give it a glance.

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Postby TorreDelAguila » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:27 pm

El Cid wrote:Maybe, but it quite clearly states on the back that it must be carried with the Ficha Technica.
Sid
I really didn't realise that, Sid. Will put that right.
Chris

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:10 pm

Lyric wrote:Like the insistence of an insurance certificate when presenting for an ITV. Algorobbo yesterday didn't even give it a glance.
I took my wife's car for it's ITV to Algorobbo on Thursday.
Did you notice that the notice, in reception, which used to say you have to show your insurance docs has been changed to " all vehicles must be insured"
Didn't ask for our insurance docs as they have the details on line but they did ask where we lived as, I assume, a sort of cross check that we were the insured.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:42 pm

"How would they know what or who you are until you are stopped"

I do not understand the system very well as all i ever had was a few parking tickets and a couple of speed tickets one still outstanding that i thought was sorted.

elusive says we can get a ticket for not having a sticker so i am thinking this is the reason why the old one need be removed.
Personally i had assumed that this exercise be carried out at checkpoint...