Would you buy a second hand car from this person????

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
Trooperman
Resident

Would you buy a second hand car from this person????

Postby Trooperman » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:25 pm

Was looking for a car in Milanuncios and found a likely candidate.....then read this:

El vendedor asume ninguna responsabilidad por los errores de escritura y transmisión de datos. Del mismo modo, no se responsabiliza de los defectosocultos y predamages no mencionados. Toda la información en los anuncios no son vinculantes y sujetas a cambios. No hay devolución de los costos de depósito o de viaje !!!!

I got the gist anyway but ran it through Google translate:

The seller assumes no responsibility for the errors of writing and transmission of data. Likewise, it is not responsible for hidden defects and predamages not mentioned. All the information in the advertisements are not binding and subject to change. There is no refund of the deposit or travel costs !!!!

Not encouraging to say the least. Did I pick up the phone????????....what do you think :lol: :lol: :lol:
nil illegitimum carborundum

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Re: Would you buy a second hand car from this person????

Postby TorreDelAguila » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:28 pm

Was that blanket disclaimer for "all" vehicles on Milanuncios, or just a disclaimer by one vendor for his vehicle(s)?
If the latter, they've obviously been getting in a lot of practice on shifting dodgy motors!
You did the right thing, my son.
George Cole.jpg
Chris

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:22 pm

The vendor is basically saying, "Im looking for a sucker to unload this piece of **** onto, but once you've paid you money your out of aces :-)

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:51 pm

you paid cash, your warranty has run out. LOL

1bassleft
Resident

Postby 1bassleft » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:29 am

I did get my car (from a garage/2nd car dealer) via Milanuncios but it's also a writhing snakepit. Professionals listing as particulares, info routinely wrong, some of the dealers have reputations elsewhere for banana in the gearbox practices. I spent two solid months of daily checking before making the move. Carfax, although not as good as it should be, at least saved some wasted time. Particularly watch out for (often VAG and BMW) cars listed as private seller with only a gmail contact. I spent time swapping messages before getting a bull story that the best way to do the transaction is if I transfer 50% and then meet up at a nearby hotel to pay the other 50% and collect the car. Headslap. This seller was prevalent, and I flagged the ads up, but they kept reappearing. Due diligence required - which is obvious, but often forgotten.

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Postby TorreDelAguila » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:44 am

Villains aplenty in the used motor trade here.
Chris

Trooperman
Resident

Postby Trooperman » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:53 pm

1bassleft....that is interesting .....and disturbing at the same time. Milanuncios is now way down the list!
nil illegitimum carborundum

1bassleft
Resident

Postby 1bassleft » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:34 pm

It's unfortunate; something that's useful to legitimate buyers + sellers is also useful to scammers and offloaders of junk. When I saw the OP, I chuckled and thought of an ebay listing just a few months back (also a professional seller) for a LHD car. What looked clearly like a heap even to my unskilled eye was accompanied by a description so full of get-outs it was comical. The last line was my favourite, "No test drive allowed, although interested viewers can see the engine running. No plug-in diagnostics allowed, for reasons we prefer not to elaborate."

Milanuncios does have buttons to click that help, "statistics" in particular - I wish Gumtree and ebay had it, but the best option is to spend time watching things and familiarise oneself with how it works.