Leasing a car.

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
katy
Andalucia Guru

Leasing a car.

Postby katy » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:40 pm

Do they do car leasing in Spain? what does the team think of leasing? This weekend i spoke to two people who think it's great but many on google say nay. I understand there can be tax advantages for some. I get fed up of low offers when I want to sell my car.

Another question, do I have to take notice when my car is telling me it needs a service? Mine has been flashing up for a month but I have done very little mileage, use OHs more. Only use it locally and a few trips to the coast.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Leasing a car.

Postby costakid » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:06 pm

The main problem with leasing is: if your circumstances change you cant just hand it back. If you agree 24 months lease that is what you are in for.

Servicing on some cars is on an annual clock. You can leave a VW in the garage for a year and it will flag that it needs a service. Check your miles and make an executive decision is my advice.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:04 pm

If it is under warranty, you really should have it serviced or risk warranty claims being rejected. It could also affect sale values, especially with premium brands.

Sid

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:48 pm

No it isn't under warranty now so will probably go with Costa kid. Was with 5 women this weekend and two had lease cars and thought it was great. Not sure myself, can't decide. One sells yachts so I suppose she has tax advantages although I am sure I could wangle something. My car is a VW but I won't buy another since they were caught out.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:18 pm

katy wrote: My car is a VW but I won't buy another since they were caught out.
I actually think they are all at it with the emissions cheating

1bassleft
Resident

Postby 1bassleft » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:08 am

Yep, I was reading that Opel are doing a special offer of up to €8k off if you trade in an old, pre-Euro5 compliant diesel on the German market. Cynics were suggesting this was to deflect news from their cars being investigated in Germany and ordered to have software changes. Merc has also recalled vehicles, while claiming nothing is wrong.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:05 am

We have a leased ford tourneo for work. It was arranged by the owner of the company, thru Banco Sabadell.

When it needs repairs or tyres or a service it has to go where they say... and repairs need to be authorised by them.

They have set numbers of things that you can have, ie: you can only have 3 pairs of tyres - if you need more then you have to pay for them yourself.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:48 am

Daughter is selling her car, she bought it from new in the Uk...It is now 3yrs old and after adding up finance cost, insurance etc plus depreciation it's quite a sum.Her idea is now to sell it on and boost her bank balance and lease the next car.She can get a deal with nissan for around £250 a month which includes insurance and road tax if applicable.They allow up to 14.000 miles which she will never reach and it must be handed back at 9mnths and the process starts over with another new car..Its a no brainer for her.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:07 pm

The leasing over here doesnt include insurance, we pay that seperatly.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:51 pm

Where is gus? think spanish_lad stole his avatar...just joking but every time i see the avatar i think of gus...he was around regularly and for many yrs..does anyone know if hes ok?

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:16 am

is there a way of checking when he was last on? I am sure there is.

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:39 am

costakid wrote:
katy wrote: My car is a VW but I won't buy another since they were caught out.
I actually think they are all at it with the emissions cheating
One of the biggest worldwide budgets is for enviornment in all countries to monitor all aspects of this.
I would ask what these agencies were doing when we were being duped by VW and probably others.
I expect that all were doing the same but these agencies had to blame someone to deflect the blame from the people
really responsible these agencies. To me that is simply their job.

Katy,
I have a friend who had a problem similar to yours with a golf, the problem the car was not really being used as second car.
They started bringing the car for a good brisk run once a week and it went away. These newer cars work on very low revs
so they need a good run in the lower gears to do something that i do not know what it means...

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:33 am

costakid wrote:is there a way of checking when he was last on? I am sure there is.
Yes i found how to check and his last activity is totally blank, don't know if that means he has left the forum, does anyone know if he is ok?

Sorry back on the car lease topic...I think it will be like most things, people will have to pass a certain criteria , income etc, im not sure if a clean licence will be part of the deal, just guessing in the dark about that one. Spanish lad may tell us the pros?cons regarding the terms of leasing in Andalucia.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:20 am

wollie wrote:
costakid wrote:
katy wrote:
Katy,
I have a friend who had a problem similar to yours with a golf, the problem the car was not really being used as second car.
They started bringing the car for a good brisk run once a week and it went away. These newer cars work on very low revs
so they need a good run in the lower gears to do something that i do not know what it means...
It clears the DPF when you run them hot in a low gear. Its like giving a car a blast out on the dual carriageway once a month in the old days. I used to have to do that with my mums car years ago.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:10 pm

When you have an ITV they suggest that you do that on the way or just rev it a lot just before the tes - petrol and diesel. There is a notice on the wall in reception.

Sid