buying car on finance, not yet working in Spain. Possible?

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
qe2ex
Andalucia.com Amigo

buying car on finance, not yet working in Spain. Possible?

Postby qe2ex » Mon May 06, 2019 12:59 pm

Hello, wondering if anyone have any experience in buying a car at a dealer on finance without working in Spain?
Currently I work and live outside Spain, but will be relocating to Spain next month and start working as an "autonomo". I will be able to show salary slips from my current employer and my tax statement from my own (EU) country, but not much from Spain.

Any chance I would be able to buy a car on finance with my current status? Are there any dealers who are more desperate to sell/expat-friendly?

With kind regards.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: buying car on finance, not yet working in Spain. Possible?

Postby costakid » Mon May 06, 2019 9:18 pm

If you can prove that you can pay wether from wages or savings you should be ok.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: buying car on finance, not yet working in Spain. Possible?

Postby El Cid » Mon May 06, 2019 9:22 pm

I needed to provide proof of residency and give them a copy of my last years tax declaration. That was for VW Finance where I had a record of a previous finance deal with them.

I don’t think the OP has any chance at all of getting finance under the situation he describes.

It’s not a question of finding a friendly dealer, it’s all down to the bank that is going to lend the money.

Sid