ITV notification

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
1bassleft
Resident

ITV notification

Postby 1bassleft » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:25 am

Like, hopefully, others here, I got a pamphlet stating that future ITV reminders will not be sent by post but by SMS and/or email. Suits me fine, but I went to the veiasa.es website and couldn't find any page or tab for entering such details. However, when booking my appointments (surprise emissions fail on first test), I entered my email and mobile contact details.

Am I right in thinking that these will be used to alert me next July, or have I missed an obvious tab somewhere on the site? And, if it's the former, how would people inform VEIASA of a change with their mobile number and/or email address?

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Re: ITV notification

Postby spanish_lad » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:54 pm

I´ve been to the ITV station a few times recently, and you can put in the phone number there when you go for ITV, nothing about an Email address (which would be alot easier!)

As for changing it .. i´ve no idea - unless you have to do it at the desk when you hand in your details ?

I wounder if the staff have all signed against the data protection act - thats alot of information to hold - names, address, car details, phone number, email.. its an advertisers dream !!!
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

1bassleft
Resident

Postby 1bassleft » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:49 am

Thanks for the reply, sl, and sorry not to respond sooner (birthday - no drinks - and a power outage for the neighbourhood).

Similarly, on my fail and retest at two different stations, I tapped "Si" for cita, entered my reg plate and - it looked like it was 'required' to me - my phone #. I entered my usual one and hoped to heck I hadn't put in a new temporary SIM # when I booked. It all went through fine.

I'm wondering, though, if the email address and mobile # I entered when choosing a cita will be used in future to remind me of upcoming expiry? The leaflet I got said post will no longer be used for reminders but I've seen no opportunity to input my details other than when I booked appointments.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:06 pm

Well the text message one defiantly will - the number that you put in the machine at the office when you handed in your papers - and thats an "opt in" system (you dont have to enter a number), theres no tick box on the website so i wouldnt of thought they are "allowed" to send emails (data protection you have to "opt-in")

Obviously I could put my phone number for every car that I take to the ITV, I wonder if it would say "no" if i tried to say that i wanted notifications for more than one car ? hmmm I´ve taken about 30 different cars since jan 1st :lol:
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:12 pm

I use the same telephone number and email address for four different cars (three of my own and one of a friend) and they have never queried it.