Selling a scrap car

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
olive
Andalucia Guru

Selling a scrap car

Postby olive » Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:09 am

Our 4x4 got written off ( in my view) . No one in it at the time. How is another story.

I have just had an unsolicited buy offer of 100 euros. Not bothered about the money as the scrap yard would probably collect for free and do the paperwork to remove the car from circulation.

My question is who pays the transfer fees and how much ?. Presumably calculated on book value of car prior to accident I dont want to find I have parking fines etc to come.

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Re: Selling a scrap car

Postby BENIDORM » Sun Nov 12, 2023 12:55 pm

Hello Olive,
I scrapped a vehicle in Loja 2 months ago, the scrapyard did the paperwork ,they collected free and you should receive an official paper stating that you've scrapped the vehicle.
They did say that I didn't need to inform the town hall, re. car tax ,however I did anyway to be on the safe side.
I've scrapped 5 cars during my time in Spain, sometimes received about 100 euros, not this time..
If they collect the car I recommend that you ask for a receipt on collection, the paperwork comes later.
Saludos,
Gordon...
ps.I've sent several pm's to you over the months but they seem to disappear..?

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:11 pm

This will my third scrapped car here in Spain.

The “ deal” 100 euros delivered or no euros if collected are pretty derisory However as they do the paperwork …..

My question still though is if my “neighbour” buys my wreck and gives me 100 euros and gets it back on the road, how much are the transfer fees to legally decouple it from me.

Gordon. Havent got any unread messages from you in my pm box! It only accepts rectangular pms ( triangular ones drop out) I found out that the massive new building high up on the left of Salar is the new oil co op. Have you had a look at the new Golambares asparagus processing factory. Biggest in Europe! They also employ 120 Morrocans put up in the old Abades hotel! I will drop you a phone message for a catch up.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Sun Nov 12, 2023 4:16 pm

BENIDORM wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 12:55 pm Hello Olive,

They did say that I didn't need to inform the town hall, re. car tax ,however I did anyway to be on the safe side.

Saludos,
Gordon...
I informed my town hall, Velez Malaga, and got a refund on the car tax for the remainder of the year. :thumbup:
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:47 am

I think this is the answerI was looking for

Impuesto de Transmisiones Patrimoniales Between 4 and 10% of book value of the vehicle. Figure depends on region.

Plus dgt fee - around 53 euros

Gestor fees