Kit car import

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
Midnight Rambler

Kit car import

Postby Midnight Rambler » Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:13 pm

Seems that beachcomber is the king of the costa regards information, so I will direct this question to you Beach, anyone else with relevant knowledge please feel free to advise me.
I am planning to move down your way (Villanueva de Tapia) sometime around easter, I have owned a kit car (Westfied seven) like Patrick Magoohan used in "The Prisoner" except it's not a real one it's a "kit car" can I bring it (import) to Spain without too much trouble it's road legal in the UK but registered on a "Q" plate anyone know the score??

It's currently in the UK and registered in my brothers name but it actually belongs to me!

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:58 pm

I shall have to defer to Bongtrees.

Its difficult enough with a normal car but a Q plated kit car that's not registered in your name????

Midnight Rambler

Postby Midnight Rambler » Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:43 pm

Beachcomber, it's registered to my brother as the registered "keeper" but my name is on the log book as the registered owner so the legalities are easily sorted does this help in any way with you advice?

Should the !"#¤ hit the fan I'll just reregister it to myself, it's the "Q" plate that worries me!

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:48 am

Yes, It's the Q plate that would worry me as well.

I should go with Bongtrees. He seems to know someone who will probably be able to help you.