cat boarding / kennels

Are you looking for information or help related to pets in Andalucia. Post your questions and advice about domestic pets, veterinary services, legal issues.
spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:04 pm

Busymum wrote:I have used Cat an Dog World in Alhaurin el Grande and found them to be very good.
yeah bill's alrite. we always leave our dogs with him when we go away.

your location is north of malaga tho? (north of malaga is antequera, casabermeja, colmenar etc, los montes..) isn't there a local one to you? pm hillybilly, alternativly i can give you the number of someone in casariche who'll have the cat at their house for you? more local and alot more personal?

you've mentioned benalmadena, the closest to you is probably in alhaurin. theres cat and dog world (alhaurin el grande, 15 minutes from benalmadena pueblo and 500m from my house, doggies and moggies (alhaurin de la torre on the road to the airport), chris's cattery (alhaurin el grande campo, for sale as an ongoing concern), just cats (dont know where that is) ..

karandjon
Andalucia Guru

Postby karandjon » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:05 pm

i´ve finally come across details for a cattery/kennels in Seville!!! Oasis Residencia.

has anyone used them or any knowledge of them?

many thanks

Karen
vino, sol y aire, y seras rico como nadie

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:42 am

lizzie wrote:
I am so shocked that you say you would expect your dog to be filthy and hungry when you collect him from kennels
My dogs have always been hungry and filthy when i have picked them up from all the kennels they have been to in Spain.
One lady who normally has them(she lives up the rock of Gib)
She has a garden,and i presume they are let out to run about in there..
I have always had two dogs...and one always dominates the other-I always ask the kennels,if they can feed them seperately,as one eats all the food..and the other one lets him-(hence me saying they are hungry)
I really cannot see me going back to UK this xmas-as my puppy has had kennel cough,then pneumonia,then bronchitus,and we nearly lost him..was living at the vets for 6 days on a drip...He has been left with a problem,hard to describe on here.-but he coughs like an old man clearing his throat..he has just had a swab took,and been on medication for 14 days,and nothing has cleared...now,he has to have an xray,and perhaps a camera down to have a look..
There is no way on this earth he is going into kennels being like this..he is not ill at all-just an unpleasant noise,which i suppose is uncomfortable at times for him..i cannot trust anyone to have him,i need to be with him,incase he takes a turn for the worse,which is what frightens me..nearly lost him once,not risking anything to lose him again..

this is a pic of puppy Elvis:

Sadie
Resident

Postby Sadie » Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:05 pm

Oh he is cute, hope they discover what is causing the problem and Elvis will be back to full health soon.

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:47 pm

Thanks Sadie-I hope so too,at least he lives in a home where he is loved and cared for.Poor baby. :cry:

karandjon
Andalucia Guru

Postby karandjon » Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:46 pm

oh Peachy, he is gorgeous. Give him a big sloppy kiss and a tickle under the chin all from me!!! Oh, i do hope he will be better soon. Get well soon Elvis!
love karen
vino, sol y aire, y seras rico como nadie

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:42 am

aww,thanks karandjon-He is adorable with a georgous temperament to go with it.Thanks very much for your kind comments.He often gives us a beautiful flash of those pearly whites :wink: and has us all in fits of laughter!