Big friendly mutt

Are you looking for information or help related to pets in Andalucia. Post your questions and advice about domestic pets, veterinary services, legal issues.
spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:27 am

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

ur naughty! but i like ur thinking ;) stick me in one, i dont care, not as if i'd be able to complian is it! cardboard box or a blanket, dont want no fancy stuff!
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

Paula
Andalucia Guru

Postby Paula » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:58 am

And what about those 3 kilns that Ken has taken photos of :wink:

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:03 pm

hillybilly wrote:
Do they "guarantee" that you receive back "your" dog's ashes...or is it a bit of a mixture?
well,how the hell would i know...how do you know if you get a whole human back or bits of willys from the man that last got burned??? :shock:
who knows if i even have my full dog half a dog,or even any dog..they might have just put in a load of tab ash..i do know there are bits of bones in there(could be from last sundays roasts :wink: )my friend who had her lab cremated spread his ashes,I havnt dared to look at mine..all i know is i feel better for having him back at home..there must be some part of him in there-mixed with last weeks roast dinner bones,or some stray moggie.. :wink:

Alan-LaCala
Resident

Postby Alan-LaCala » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:22 pm

thanks for the reply, probably wasn't the best time to ask really. do you have any idea of the cost of this procedure ? i'm only asking, because i now know what a human cremation costs in spain ( ) and im sure that the information will come in handy to anyone else in the same situation.
Don't know yet Spanish lad; we will get the ashes back next week and I will post what the cost was. I didn't ask the cost as whatever it was the wife wanted the ashes.

Alan
Remember that everything that Fred Astaire did, Ginger Rogers did too; except she did it backwards and wearing high heels!

Alan-LaCala
Resident

Postby Alan-LaCala » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:25 pm

hillybilly wrote:Actually Spanish Lad, I've just had a bit of a wicked thought..if the cost of dog cremation doesn't seem to change for a big dog/little dog...then if say one's husband/wife were to pop their clogs here and you didn't want the expense of a Spanish burial/cremation or repatriation...you could wrap up the body in a blanket and send it to where they cremate pets, saying it's a BIG dog...40€, job done, ashes back and sprinkled :wink:
Actually Hilly, if I could find out where they lived, there a few people on this Forum I would wrap up in a blanket. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Al;an
Remember that everything that Fred Astaire did, Ginger Rogers did too; except she did it backwards and wearing high heels!

Elsa-mary
Andalucia.com Amigo

Storm

Postby Elsa-mary » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:53 pm

Alan, and wife
So sorry to hear about Storm,know how you feel,as I had my two poodles die ,18 mths after arriving here 2001.
Fortunate then as we had a small garden,and planted beautiful rose bush above their grave.

Have moved twice since then,and acquired,as you do
1) very rare Spanish hunting dog(almost extint) well we didn't know,had her neutered,DONT TELL ANYONE!!, it would have not survived left to wander the ramblas.

2) A very tiny black and tan dog,well it appeared so, :roll: on a visit to friends bar for celebration :lol: ,it could not stand up,and I insisted we take it home :oops:
She it turns out is Lab cross with Rottie,WEIGHS ABOUT 60 kilo,( would need a JCB to bury her!!!
bear in mind after poodles Pepsi and Cola,I said NO, NAY ,-NEVER NO MORE :( .

But there are so many animals here in Spain,it is very hard to turn your back on them.
As it is OH, feeds quite a few local strays each night,wish there was somewhere in this area like PAWS.
It seems cremation is relatively inexpensive in your area,here it is 90e, but better than locum vet suggested when we found poor little dog dying after being hit by car( not our dog by the way) found local men laughing and kicking it!.
Sadly it died enroute to vet(locum) he suggested we toss in on side of road :evil:

We took it home and buried it in our garden.

Storm will always be in your heart.
Elsa-Mary

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:16 pm

unfortunatly elsa you have found out the hard way, cats are vermin and big dogs are working animals. when either dies they get thrown in the bin.

very few at the moment, but its becoming increasingly popular people are starting to get cats for pets in the house, and several spanish i know have small dogs around.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.