wild life in our garden

Are you looking for information or help related to pets in Andalucia. Post your questions and advice about domestic pets, veterinary services, legal issues.
oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:22 pm

We saw a rat in the garden tonight :shock: :shock: :shock: We had one in the hen house about a month ago, we caught that.... tonight there was one running from the olive grove into the garden and across the veg patch :shock: We put the dogs in the garden but they just played about as they are not normally allowed in the veg garden :( so they were no use.
The joys of campo living I guess. Saying that, the neighbour has a lovely new flat in the town (ground floor) and there was a rat in her outside storeroom. How it got there she didn´t know, the whole patio is surrounded by walls about 4 storys high.

julian
Andalucia Guru

rats

Postby julian » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:43 pm

Although you may not see them, there are rats everywhere in the campo, I never saw a rat near the house until I got a cat and the cat caught several every day.same as snakes, you don´t see them but there are many out there!
sorry for that bit of news, bet you all feel better now!

mirandamac
Resident

Postby mirandamac » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:47 pm

Yes thank you Julian. Really wanted to hear about all the snakes lurking!

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:51 pm

Spiders lurking too............. chopped down an olive tree and in the trunk was a MASSIVE spider, it was so BIG it was almost beautiful- I say almost- not really that beautiful cos I don´t like spiders :shock: I got it in a jam jar, showed it to the Spanish neighbour, he dropped the spider on the floor and stamped on it :shock: I was going to put it over the fence into the neighbours orchard :lol: