Boarding Kennels near Algarrobo

Are you looking for information or help related to pets in Andalucia. Post your questions and advice about domestic pets, veterinary services, legal issues.
Sadie
Resident

Boarding Kennels near Algarrobo

Postby Sadie » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:41 pm

Hi does anyone know the name or contact details for the boarding kennels near Algarrobo or can anyone recommend another good one? I normally use Seacrest in Nerja but they are fully booked up for Christmas period, I would normally book earlier than this but hubby's offshore rota has been changing so couldn't book until I knew his dates.

Marina
Resident

Re: Boarding Kennels near Algarrobo

Postby Marina » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:15 am

I use Teresita at Iznate. I've always been very impressed with it, spotlessly clean and the owner is so obviously a dog lover. My dogs go in happy and come out happy.

Tel 952 11 52 59 Spanish, or 606 590 490 For an English speaking friend who will take your details, check availability and get back to you.

It is difficult to find the first time but if you ask someone will meet you at a nearby petrol station and you can then follow them to see where it is.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:50 am

Marina wrote:I use Teresita at Iznate.
Teresita is in Los Iberos, opposite direction to Iznate from the autovia.
Easy to find.
Leave autovia at junction 265 towards coast, take 1st right after Cepsa for Los Iberos.
Follow the winding road till you get to Los Iberos. Turn sharp right by the rubbish bins down onto the river bed, take 1st left up hill to boarding kennels. Call at the house above the kennels.

Agree that it is a good place. Normally only take bookings from regulars at Xmas.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:39 pm

theres one in benjerafe as well.

i´ve seen signs for it on the left hand side (not the beach side)
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

Sadie
Resident

Postby Sadie » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:44 pm

Thank you Marina and Gerry, I will give them a call always good to hear good reports as like to know my pets are taken care of and will be happy.

Thank you too Spanish lad will try and find that one if no luck at Teresita.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:49 pm

and should this not be in the new "animals" section of the forum ? ;)

Sadie
Resident

Postby Sadie » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:59 pm

spanish_lad wrote:and should this not be in the new "animals" section of the forum ? ;)

You are so right Spanish Lad I had posted it before I realised I was in wrong section, I won't do it again :oops:

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:12 pm

come here and recieve your spanking ;) lol i didn´t even know there was an animal bit till i was looking for my kitten thread lol

Sadie
Resident

Postby Sadie » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:32 pm

Oh I am on my way :wink:

campo babe
Resident

Postby campo babe » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:38 pm

The kennels in Benjarafe are called El Perrotel. They also take cats, and we have used them for our cats a couple of times.

Sadie
Resident

Postby Sadie » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:01 pm

Thank you Campo babe.

Scot
Resident

Postby Scot » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:57 pm

Think choice of kennels depends on the dog - have used Teresita recently which is very clean tho my dogs came out coughing (had been treated for this so only mild cough) - used Benajarafe years ago but found it really busy and the owner is rushed off his feet so not good for my very nervous dog. The best place I have found is Wagtails in Alhama de Granada as they walk the dogs in their enclosed land and sit with them in the kennels if they are feeling lonely or upset - even put a heater in for my two when it was cold last December! Costs a bit more (10 euros instead of 7) but really caring owners. They do offer a collection/delivery service which you have to pay for but I think it's worth the extra for peace of mind. It's the only place where my dogs DIDN"T want to come home from!! Tel no is 655579792

Sadie
Resident

Postby Sadie » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:30 pm

gerryh wrote:
Marina wrote:I use Teresita at Iznate.
Teresita is in Los Iberos, opposite direction to Iznate from the autovia.
Easy to find.
Leave autovia at junction 265 towards coast, take 1st right after Cepsa for Los Iberos.
Follow the winding road till you get to Los Iberos. Turn sharp right by the rubbish bins down onto the river bed, take 1st left up hill to boarding kennels. Call at the house above the kennels.

Agree that it is a good place. Normally only take bookings from regulars at Xmas.
Cheers
Gerry
I have now managed to book for my pets for Xmas in Terresita and arranged to go visit kennels tomorrow. Thanks for directions Gerry hope I dont get lost :wink:
Scot wrote:Think choice of kennels depends on the dog - have used Teresita recently which is very clean tho my dogs came out coughing (had been treated for this so only mild cough) - used Benajarafe years ago but found it really busy and the owner is rushed off his feet so not good for my very nervous dog. The best place I have found is Wagtails in Alhama de Granada as they walk the dogs in their enclosed land and sit with them in the kennels if they are feeling lonely or upset - even put a heater in for my two when it was cold last December! Costs a bit more (10 euros instead of 7) but really caring owners. They do offer a collection/delivery service which you have to pay for but I think it's worth the extra for peace of mind. It's the only place where my dogs DIDN"T want to come home from!! Tel no is 655579792
Thanks Scot, unfortunately kennel cough can be a problem in any kennels or with close contact with other dogs but my Vet treats against it. Alhama de Granada is a bit far for me but good to know its there.

Sadie
Resident

Postby Sadie » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:51 pm

Have been and inspected Terrisita and was very impressed both with the owner and the premises, they are so clean, I got to see in all the kennels and were spotless and a great exercise area for them to run and play. All the dogs in there seemed happy and content. So feeling comfortable about leaving my pets there now for Christmas. Thanks all for your recommendations and since found that vet recommends there too.

Robano
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Robano » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:38 pm

Do they take cats? Anyone know?

Steve
Now living, relaxing and passing the time Cornwall for a while - very often thinking of the Axarquia and its mountains.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:00 pm

Hi Steve
Yes they do.
They keep them in separate enclosures from the dogs. :D :D :D

Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris