Hungry Strays.

Are you looking for information or help related to pets in Andalucia. Post your questions and advice about domestic pets, veterinary services, legal issues.
BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Hungry Strays.

Postby BENIDORM » Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:23 pm

Hello Again...
Well my name is Rasta, ex-Spanish street dog, originally from the down-town area of Cartagena.I've written a few little stories on this forum before, maybe you can recall them ?

Anyway my Dad was telling me that he keeps reading topics about members who have rescued other waifs and strays, like me, both doggies and moggies, and stories about kind people feeding them on the streets..
Well first,on behalf of all my ex-street animal mates, can I thank all of the lovely , kind people who have gone to so much trouble to take in so many badly treated, lonely abandoned pets, I can't tell you how grateful we all are.
All we want is the chance to belong to someone, to be cared for and loved, and you can 'bet your boots',that we will always be loyal and protective friends to you.
I know how much trouble that you have to go to when you adopt one of us, and it is so important for you and us that you make the right decision about taking on the responsibility of having a pet, to be quite frank we would be better off left on the streets, than abandoned again after a few months.

I know that so many kind people come to feed the stray street animals, and I can tell you that they have all really appreciated this caring act, but please don't stop doing this, better that you give them good food and a little love, than nothing at all.
I know it's often said that you think that it is unkind to offer food to the strays , perhaps for only a few days, but believe me , you give the chance for them to survive a little longer and they really do appreciate being shown some love, if only for a short time, it really does renew their will to live and regain faith in humans.And I really do think that by showing your kindness in public that it is showing by example that any form of cruelty to animals is so wrong..
I feel really grateful to now belong to a family and know that I will be fed regularly and cared for, I am so happy.
Lots of Licks and Kisses to you all..L L L L L L L L.xxxxx

RASTA THE DOG....

samantha
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Hungry Strays.

Postby samantha » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:20 pm

awww Rastas, i agree entirely with you, my mum found me in the street, i was thin and had recently lost my eye, i had been mistreated before i met her and i did not trust her, but she dragged me into her home and i laid on the hall floor for 2 days trembling with fear, til i realised she or Dad were not not going to hurt me. I found my sister Tinka in a ditch a year later, she was in a bad way, but my Dad had so much patience and she stopped biting him and herself eventually, although she had to have her tail cut off by the vet as she kept biting it to shreds, poor little mite so nervous and stressed. We now live together with Crispy the cat, (beware of his claws) and we have a wonderful life with loads of walks and doggy friends, mum always feeds strays and give treats to street dogs, i don´t always approve, what if she takes them in too.....!!!

Mum also goes dog walking at Pepi´s refuge, there are loads of dogs there desperate for love and attention, Jane and Alan do their best but its difficult with over 50 dogs to care for, they need more visitors to walk the dogs and give them some love and attention, even if you don´t want to walk with the dogs they love to see humans to receive strokes and kind words, sometimes these doggies can feel very lonely in their own cage, sheltered from the elements but also a little isolated.
Mum says please think of coming dog walking at Pepi´s, they don´t need anything more just a couple of hours of your time a week.

As Rastas says please continue to feed stray dogs
from Toby, a Devoted Human lover ....licks
Please support Pepi´s Dog Refuge
www.pepisdogrefuge.com