House/Dog sitter

Are you looking for information or help related to pets in Andalucia. Post your questions and advice about domestic pets, veterinary services, legal issues.
Jean Coddington
Tourist

House/Dog sitter

Postby Jean Coddington » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:24 pm

Does anyone need someone to look after their house or pets while they go on holiday? I recently took early retirement and would like to offer mine and my husbands services in exchange for accommodation in a warmer climate than the UK.Gardens can get out of hand if you go away for any length of time wouldn't it be nice to come home to a well kept one.Hoping for many replies ,Jean

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Re: House/Dog sitter

Postby Jool » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:52 pm

So would you need to be paid or offer your services free in return for accomm in a warmer climate? Would you drive over under your own steam and go anywhere? Do you have references? Would there be a minimum time period you would stay in one place?

This sounds like a potentially excellent idea but your post is very sketchy on details. I would be entrusting my animals and house to a total stranger and would need to know a lot more about you and your proposal. Sorry but how are we to know that you are not an informer for a team of thieves or identity fraudsters? Sad to need to think of it but its where my thoughts first went even though you sound absolutely lovely - and its another legacy of what being ripped off by a fellow english ****** can do to a person......

Jean Coddington
Tourist

Postby Jean Coddington » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:45 pm

As you can probably tell all this posting and things are all new to me, I do hear what you're saying. unfortunately people aren't always as honest as they should be and quite honestly I don't know what to say about myself. We would fly over and hope the people who we are sitting for would pick us up from the airport,as to how long we would be prepared to stay would be under negotiation.

santamaria
Tourist

Postby santamaria » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:25 pm

Not sure if this will be of any help but myself and my husband offer a Home from Home service for pet dogs at our family home. We only take family dogs from one family home at a time and are happy to accommodate up to three dogs at any one time. Our home is secure and set in the countryside.

It certainly avoids the worries of leaving a stranger in your home; yet gives you peace of mind that your dogs will be staying in a family home rather than kennels.

If you want further details you can PM me.

Sadie
Resident

Postby Sadie » Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:09 pm

Hi Santamaria,

Where exactly are you based?

santamaria
Tourist

Postby santamaria » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:31 am

Hi

We are close to the town/ village of Orce, in the province of Granada.

The nearest larger towns are Huescar about 7km and Baza about 40kms.

Hope this helps place us. :D