A little wrd of warning

Are you looking for information or help related to pets in Andalucia. Post your questions and advice about domestic pets, veterinary services, legal issues.
metalmonkey
Resident

A little wrd of warning

Postby metalmonkey » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:21 pm

A few weeks ago I finally sucumbed and adopted two little stray kittens that had fallen off a roof into a nearby builders yard. I determined that they weren't going to get 'mashed up' on the road like so many others I've seen this year and they were much loved pets. Yesterday I came back from shopping to find that one had got tangled up in the material handle of the laundry basket and strangled herself......I was horrified that I had been so stupid to leave such a danger nearby...needless to say I was and still am distraught at finding the poor little thing and the feeling of guilt will not leave me for a long time. I just wanted to warn everyone with a kitten how easily they can get into trouble, their curiosity is boundless.....I still have one kitten and friends are looking out for me another female kitten to keep her company and this time I wil be very very careful what I leave around
If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Re: A little wrd of warning

Postby oliveview01 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:25 pm

What a dreadful thing to happen Metalmonkey, I guess it was something you could not imagin happening, so not at all your fault. At least you gave the kitten a loving home.

dido72
Resident

Postby dido72 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:20 pm

Julie how awful for you, but don't feel guilty they will get into trouble no matter what you do, I hope you find a friend for your little one.

Have you tried contacting Spanish Lad I am pretty sure he still has loads of kittens!

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:41 pm

someone call ? ;)
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

metalmonkey
Resident

Postby metalmonkey » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:25 am

Hi thanks for that the guilt is a terrible thing but after reading a lot of stuff on the net i now realise just how much trouble they can get into...and if it doesn't work out with a neighbour tomorrow I will send a message to Spanish lad......

Many thanks

metalmonkey
Resident

Postby metalmonkey » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:53 pm

Hi

have now adpoted 6 wk old kitten that a friend had been hand rearing after finding three of them behind her house. Is seems there's always something needing a home here. In a few months both kittens will be 'done' .There are so many people doing a great job of looking after unfortunate creatures and finding them homes ........so from me, a big thank you to all of them and to anyone on this forum who is performing the same acts of kindness...THANK YOU