Would anyone Like a Big Dog??

Are you looking for information or help related to pets in Andalucia. Post your questions and advice about domestic pets, veterinary services, legal issues.
Trackbikes
Andalucia.com Amigo

Would anyone Like a Big Dog??

Postby Trackbikes » Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:29 pm

18 months ago we offered a home to a persons spanish mastiff while she recovered from illness, I don't want to go into details but we still have him.

He's a gorgeous dog, friendly with kids and other dogs and likes nothing more than to be cuddled. He's grey and white and looks a little like a giant wolf.

We would have no problem keeping him as we currently live in the campo but we are moving to an apartment in a few weeks and it wouldn't be fair to keep him there as he's so big.

He seems to prefer to live outside. so ideally you would have a fenced garden. He's just over 3 years old and has been "chopped"

we are close to Pizarra and Malaga

ken2
Resident

Re: Would anyone Like a Big Dog??

Postby ken2 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:58 pm

Hope you can find him a nice owner, a picture works wonders,

Trackbikes
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Trackbikes » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:46 pm

Here are a few photo's my daughter took today

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll29 ... C02783.jpg

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll29 ... C02784.jpg

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll29 ... C02785.jpg

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:12 pm

He looks lovely - hope you find him a nice new home :)
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:56 am

aww,hes lovely.If i didnt have a husband i would have him.I hope you find someone to love him soon.xx

geegee
Resident

Postby geegee » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:22 pm

He is lovely! So hard to rehome dogs when there are so many deserving cases. Have you tried the usual routes - poster in your local vets and shops etc? The vets worked for me when I found a stray on our finca, a scruffy looking specimen with a gammy leg, I did not hold out much hope, as, to blunt, he was not exactly pretty, but he was rehomed with an English family and all lived happily ever after I hear. On the other hand, a couple I know have two pedigree spanish water dogs that they cannot find homes for and both are gorgeous - a six-month old very pretty black female and a very placid 4-year old shaggy brown male :(

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:30 pm

Can I ask what a water dog looks like :?
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.

country boy
Andalucia Guru

Postby country boy » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:46 pm

Trackbikes
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Trackbikes » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:32 pm

geegee wrote:He is lovely! So hard to rehome dogs when there are so many deserving cases. Have you tried the usual routes - poster in your local vets and shops etc? The vets worked for me when I found a stray on our finca, a scruffy looking specimen with a gammy leg, I did not hold out much hope, as, to blunt, he was not exactly pretty, but he was rehomed with an English family and all lived happily ever after I hear. On the other hand, a couple I know have two pedigree spanish water dogs that they cannot find homes for and both are gorgeous - a six-month old very pretty black female and a very placid 4-year old shaggy brown male :(

Yes we have posters up in several places but there seems to be very little interest

kexon
Resident

Postby kexon » Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:11 pm

Cannot understand why anyone would not want a perro de agua,they are super dogs to have as long as you give them a job to do and they get bags and bags of exercise!I have one myself and if I didnt already have too many dogs I would gladly take them.Hope they find a good home soon.

geegee
Resident

Postby geegee » Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:41 pm

Just far too many deserving cases I guess, don't give up just yet Trackbikes! Yes Kexon they are gorgeous dogs arn't they? But your right, perro de agua's do require a lot of exercise, being a working dog - and a good deal of discipline, I am finding, being the proud owner of one myself!!