Can you offer a loving home to a Spanish Water Dog?

Are you looking for information or help related to pets in Andalucia. Post your questions and advice about domestic pets, veterinary services, legal issues.
geegee
Resident

Can you offer a loving home to a Spanish Water Dog?

Postby geegee » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:56 am

Koda is a handsome 4-yr old honey-coloured male Spanish Water Dog who needs a caring, gentle home. He would suit an all-female household or an active retired couple with no other dogs (or perhaps just one calm one) and an unthreataning husband!! The reason being he is quite shy and scared of men, so lots of love and patience are required. He is very loving when you get to know him and is currently fine with the male members of his existing household, as of course he knows and trusts them.

Granada is a simply gorgeous, lively, sociable eight-month old black female SWD who would thrive with an active family but is young enough to adapt to any situation. Like all young dogs she will require discipline and training as well as lots of love but the rewards of owning one of these superb and highly intelligent dogs are great.

SWDs are a working breed and, similar to sheepdogs etc, thrive on lots of play, exercise and regular access to outside space. Do not consider a SWD unless you are fully prepared to exercise well and regularly. Also, they love to swim, so if you have a pool or access to a body of water, even better.

Their current (English) owners will be sad to see them go but have a very genuine reason for rehoming. Naturally they are anxious to ensure they find good homes. SWDs like these, that are properly bred and cared for, are highly desirable and valuable dogs so the owners are asking for a reasonable fee for each, simply to ensure they are not taken and sold on by unscrupulous individuals. If you are interested please PM me with an email address where I can contact you and I will send photos and more details.

geegee
Resident

Re: Can you offer a loving home to a Spanish Water Dog?

Postby geegee » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:19 pm

No takers for a Spanish Water Dog then? :(

I knew the chances were pretty poor but these pair are so lovely, I thought I would help out some friends by posting this, in the faint hope someone out there would succumb... I would love to take one myself as a companion for our own dear darling but my OH is fiercely, adamantly against and no amount of buttering up is going to work!!

kexon
Resident

Postby kexon » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:15 pm

Hi, Have sent you a pm(I hope!)

country boy
Andalucia Guru

Postby country boy » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:28 pm

If it becomes life or death for the woolie monsters we might be able to help, but not for cash, just to provide a caring home. PM me if in straits. We are campo with 17 hectares. :)

avellana
Resident

Postby avellana » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:18 am

I've sent you a PM

geegee
Resident

Postby geegee » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:56 am

Fortunately its not a life or death situation Country Boy, the current owners adore them too much, but many thanks for the kind offer!

geegee
Resident

UPDATE: Can you offer a loving home to a Spanish Water Dog?

Postby geegee » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:15 pm

GOOD NEWS! A new home has been found for young Granada!

Koda, the shy male, is still hoping for a match with a kind, generous lady owner...