Moving Home With Doggie

Are you looking for information or help related to pets in Andalucia. Post your questions and advice about domestic pets, veterinary services, legal issues.
Pink Lady
Andalucia.com Amigo

Moving Home With Doggie

Postby Pink Lady » Wed May 20, 2009 1:37 pm

So we are going back to the UK for 4 months, driving all the way so my dog will be with us all the way. We have stayed in another place for a few nights and he was fine, just a little excited the first night but he did seem to be happy when we got home again. Has anyone got any tips on how to make the move less stressful for my dog? I was planning on taking him out for a good walk as soon as we arrive and only allow him in a few rooms to begin with. He will have a nice grassy garden in the UK rather than the tiled terrace that we have here so I'm hoping this will make up for the rain :D

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Re: Moving Home With Doggie

Postby princess peach » Wed May 20, 2009 3:12 pm

Hi Pinkie.xx
Really i would suggest taking Quitos favourite blanket and toys with you..He wont have much else will he?? 8)
Anything that makes him feel at home really..bless..how is he?
Have you got a recent pic for me?

Pink Lady
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Pink Lady » Wed May 20, 2009 8:02 pm

Hi PP,

Quito is good, such a sociable little thing, he loves to go anywhere and everywhere! (attached a few pics)

Well we will be in our house in the UK so he'll be able to make himself at home. We are taking pretty much everything except the furniture as we are renting our place here out for 3 months. We're thinking we'll spend more time in the UK than here from now on. We're doing the journey over 4 days so that we can take plenty of doggie breaks and take it easy. He takes most things in his stride and he's pretty adaptable so I think he'll be ok.

How are you, Ruby and Winston?

Nimrod
Resident

Postby Nimrod » Wed May 20, 2009 8:31 pm

Hope it goes well.
That's a nice pic with the wild flowers,where was that?
:)

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Wed May 20, 2009 9:21 pm

Oh hes beautiful and so black and shiny.georgous eyes!
Ruby is fine,we have just put Winston in the gib paper,his picture has been published in there as one of Gibs ugliest dogs,took us ages to get his lips to stay up showing his teeth. :lol:
Quito is beautiful,i want one,but hubby says NO! :(

Pink Lady
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Pink Lady » Thu May 21, 2009 1:20 pm

There is a ruin of a castle near us Nimrod that has huge open fields surrounding it. It's a 'zona verde' and there is never another soul up there. It's Quito's favourite walking ground, he never goes far but loves to sprint back and forth past me!

PP I can't believe that Winston would be one of Gibs ugliest dogs, he is a beauty, let's see the pic!

Quito has got a good coat of fur but he still has some patches on his back where the Advantix damaged his skin :( If your hubby changes his mind I know a good breeder :wink:

Nimrod
Resident

Postby Nimrod » Thu May 21, 2009 1:58 pm

Pink Lady,
Thanks for the reply.
I really must venture up to your neck of the woods,it looks really picturesque.
Unfortunately, my time in Spain was embroiled in court cases against the builder so we never had any incentive to explore.
That's all sorted now ,we won,so next time over we'll have a look at the countryside.

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Thu May 21, 2009 2:29 pm

PP I can't believe that Winston would be one of Gibs ugliest dogs, he is a beauty, let's see the pic!
haha,he most certainly is!!!
I will post you a pic as soon as my "drives with removable storage" comeback on my pc,they keep disappearing and coming back when it suits..really annoying,it means i cant upload any pics from my camera.as soon as they are back again i will post it,so you can see...he really does look very orrible.. 8)

Pink Lady
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Pink Lady » Fri May 22, 2009 1:01 pm

Congratulations Nimrod on winning you court case. I can imagine what stress you went through, not many things are straight forward for us foreigners in Spain. I hope you have more enjoyable times on your next visits.

Blinkin' technology hey PP, I've only recently mastered how to put photos on a.com :lol: