Looking for a dog sitter

Are you looking for information or help related to pets in Andalucia. Post your questions and advice about domestic pets, veterinary services, legal issues.
murbisa
Resident

Looking for a dog sitter

Postby murbisa » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:23 am

My wonderful live in dog sitter has just returned to the UK. Another victim of the recession!
Could anybody recommend anyone that dog sits in people's homes. I am a bit nervous of answering adverts in the papers and would rather have someone on recommendation.
We have 3 little Pugs. Two very well behaved and a puppy who is getting there slowly :lol:

Scot
Resident

Re: Looking for a dog sitter

Postby Scot » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:31 am

Don't know anyone personally and I know you're wary of ads, but in the pet shop in Carrefour (Rincon de la Victoria) there was a poster with a lady offering live in dog sitting. She comes with references and looked very nice - it said 15 per day plus her meals, which I thought was very good. If it sounds ok, I'll try to get her number (think we are about 1/2 hours drive from you).

tjtops
Resident

Postby tjtops » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:24 pm

Hi...and I'd be interested too....but possibly for next year rather than this.....through the summer...
Life is as good as you make it, just keep my glass half full

Retro P
Resident

Postby Retro P » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:26 pm

Scot wrote:Don't know anyone personally and I know you're wary of ads, but in the pet shop in Carrefour (Rincon de la Victoria) there was a poster with a lady offering live in dog sitting. She comes with references and looked very nice - it said 15 per day plus her meals, which I thought was very good. If it sounds ok, I'll try to get her number (think we are about 1/2 hours drive from you).
Have I got it right? 15 euros per day plus meals, I'm curious how and why anyone could offer this service unless they totally love dogs and don't need to earn a salary (which 15 euros per day is clearly not).
'
Ah! the full english!!

concorde
Resident

Postby concorde » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:32 pm

I'd think that 15E per day plus meals plus live-in is pretty good, especially when you see the salary of some au pairs, who are expected to do everything with a load of screaming kids. I know which I'd rather volunteer for!
I'm always disappointed when a liar's pants don't actually catch on fire.