Can anyone help

Are you looking for information or help related to pets in Andalucia. Post your questions and advice about domestic pets, veterinary services, legal issues.
Scot
Resident

Can anyone help

Postby Scot » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:42 am

I'm heartbroken at giving my dogs away but happy to say my setter has been found a lovely home through the Irish Setter Rescue who do a fantastic job in the UK and we will drop him off once we get back. His best friend Freds home has fallen through and I wondered if anyone knew of a kind person looking for the best dog in the world. I know the situation here in Spain is terrible so maybe someone in the UK is looking for a best friend. He is 5 years old crossbreed medium size with a gorgeous face and is a complete gentleman. He will be travelling back with us end August and I'd be grateful if you could let me know if you hear of anyone. He is in no danger of being dumped on the roadside but he does need a roaring fireplace and a lot of hugs and kisses. :cry: I will post a photo as soon as I work out how to do it from my mobile. I'm also worried how will they cope apart and wondered if anyone had advice.

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Re: Can anyone help

Postby Mowser » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:07 pm

Erm - why are you giving them away?
Dave

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:32 pm

Sad time for you, you could post a add on gumtree, stating that you will want to vet the home hes going to etc, lots of people look there, as the dogs homes are so expensive theses days, Good luck !
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.

Scot
Resident

Postby Scot » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:29 pm

Hi Mowser I'm struggling to look after them as can't walk them due to my MS. They have a big garden here to run in but need to find them a better home than I can give them. I'll keep trying to find him a home and thanks for the idea Julie. My setter is lucky as he has 2 homes asking to rehome him one in Cornwall and other South Yorkshire so some good news for him :D

murbisa
Resident

Postby murbisa » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:41 pm

Having owned two Irish Setters in the past I know they need a lot of exercise. I just let them loose in a field for an hour twice a day!!
But can't you keep the little one??? Surely he would adapt.

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:17 am

But can't you keep the little one??? Surely he would adapt
Now cmon guys,Scots already said that keeping them isnt possible,its no good laying on the guilt trip and making scot feel twice as bad as she already does.

As for seperating the two dogs,i dont think there will be any problems as they will be in new homes and new surroundings with new owners,Not in your house surrounded by all the familiar smells of its "friend"..I think its us as dog owners that feel they will be upset and heartbroken at leaving their doggie mates behind..While really i think they forget all about everything they ever had as soon as they are somewhere new.
A picture and a location as to your whereabouts scot would be helpful :wink:

Have you thought about asking your local vet if he knows of anyone,maybe he could put up a notice in the surgery for you.
What about advertising in don annuncio???
Or Friday ads??
Good Luck..i really feel for you..xxxxx

Scot
Resident

Postby Scot » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:10 am

Hi everyone and thanks for the ideas. I will keep him if I can't find him a better home. I'm trying to improve the quality of life for the 2 larger ones who I struggle with. The chihuahua and the cat aged 12ish are easy. The larger ones are a handful for me knocking me off my feet as they fly outside when they hear a noise. Freddy is in no danger as he is returning to the UK with us and I love him as does everyone that meets him. I was heartbroken when I was emailed re a new home for my setter, but he is going to a better home with experienced setter owners in the country WOW absolute doggy heaven, so I am over the moon for him tho not for me. I know the sadness will pass when I hear how he's enjoying his new home. He's devoted to me which is my worry, follows me to the loo and wherever I go, he's by my feet which is why I keep tripping over him :lol: I shall keep you posted........................................

Sorry PP re the vets, I'm just worried who would get him as my area is all Spanish where dogs are outside and lots are put out by themselves 8am ish and left to return home when hungry. Fred is not street savvy, doesn't own a "hoodie" and he's not very bright so I'd rather keep him close for now :wink: