We'd Like a French Bull Terrier

Are you looking for information or help related to pets in Andalucia. Post your questions and advice about domestic pets, veterinary services, legal issues.
duncan disorderly
Tourist

We'd Like a French Bull Terrier

Postby duncan disorderly » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:22 pm

Hi everyone - My partner, my son and I are looking to add a french bull terrier to our family. We live in a house with a large garden and have kept bull terriers at home in the uk. (our beautiful staffie died before we came to Spain in 2008).

Can anyone point me in the direction of a reputable breeder of frenchies on the Costa Del Sol - we live in Calahonda.

We're not necessarily only looking for a puppy we'd also be happy to offer a new home to an adult Frenchie if you know of one that needs rehomed.

Thanks for helping

Michelle

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Re: We'd Like a French Bull Terrier

Postby princess peach » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:10 pm

Hi Michelle,
There is a lovely lady on here her name is Pink Lady,she has a beautiful Frenchie called Quito,Im not 100% sure if she got him here or not,but you can certainly ask her,here is a link to some pics of him and her name so you can message her easier :D
Sorry to hear you lost your staff before you came to spain :( I had two staffies in UK,lovely dogs.xx

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=20151&hilit=quito

Good Luck

duncan disorderly
Tourist

Postby duncan disorderly » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:14 pm

HI Princess - thanks so much for the reply - how goergeous is quito? I know they're not to everyones taste but I think frenchies are the most gorgeous little dogs. Am really torn between a frenchie and another staff but am our staff at home was just the perfect pet and I'm afraid I'll expect another staff to be exactly the same. Sounds daft I know lol

WIll contact pinklady and see if she can point me in the right direction.

Thanks again.

MIchelle

Pink Lady
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Pink Lady » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:58 pm

Hi DD, I don't use this site much now as I'm back in the UK but I got your PM and will PM you tmrw if that's ok when I have more time :D

Thanks PP for your kind words, hope you, Ruby and Winston are well xx

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:31 am

Why don't you pop along to PAD first? http://www.padcatsanddogs.org/index.htmI I know you may have your hearts set on a Frenchie or Staffie, but there are so many abandoned dogs deserving of a good home like yours. Maybe one will catch your eye (and your heart!)
Or a little further from you, Parque Animales in Torremolinos. They have on their website at the moment a beautifully ugly little Frenchie cross: http://www.parqueanimal.com/web/index.p ... 24&lang=en
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:43 am

Hi,
There is another near Malaga that Gerry is involved in.............

http://www.apariv.org/

APARIV Asociación Protectora Animales Rincón Victoria
At: 29730 Rincón de la Victoria
Tel: 657 219 269

Miro:: your first link didn't work for me :( ........this one seems to work ok.........

http://www.padcatsanddogs.org/
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:55 am

Hi michelle (D~D)
Quito is adorable isnt he. :D
I love the Frenchies too.I think they have real big attitudes for the size that they are.
I think maybe you are doing the right thing by not getting another Staff,you would always be comparing another staff to the one you lost,its only natural. :(

Hi Pinkie,yes our lot are doing great thanks,hopefully there could be some babies next year for my Ruby. :D
I got your email regarding the dogs being stolen,how terrible. :(
Kisses for Quito,hope he is doing o.k.xxxxx

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:37 am

Hi,
Have you come across this site...................

http://www.eurobreeder.com/breeds/bull_terrier.html
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:38 pm

Oh and before i forget,dont get sucked in by any of these adverts in the friday ads or local papers.
There is a scam going on at the moment with dog/pet adverts. :( i think its a 0044 number or something along those lines,why anyone would dial a UK number for a dog/pet when living in spain is beyond me,but just thought i would mention it anyway.
I would advise you to go with somebodys recommendation when purchasing your pup from Spain.
I have got both of my dogs from pet shops here,one i paid 1,500 euros for,never got any pedigree papers and should have.
The other one,i paid 1,300 for (from a different pet shop)he died aged 9 months of a throat defect and thankfully the pet shop gave me another dog,and shes perfectly healthy and is now 2 nearly 3.I would go back to the pet shop if i was going to purchase anymore dogs,because of the wonderful treatment he gave my poorly dog for all his little life(he paid thousands of euros out in tablets,injections,operations etc),and then giving me another dog after he died,you would be very hard pushed to find anyone to do that for you.I know this all reads very matter of fact,but im still really upset about losing my puppy,although having another dog has certainly helped,she wont ever replace the dog that died. :( .
Please be very very careful when buying your new dog,especially here in spain.I know Pink Lady has been really happy with Quito and thats why i recommended her to you.
I really wish you good luck,and if you manage to get a new puppy,i would love to see a pic of him/her.All the best.xxxx :wink:

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:05 pm

Peach - at least your little pup lived with love and kindness all around...............what happened was heart-breaking...........and his soul and energy will still be with you for ever.

duncan disorderly
Tourist

Postby duncan disorderly » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:46 pm

Thanks everyone for the response.

Peach I;m so sorry to hear about your little pup - people who don't have dogs just don't understand how attached you get to them even in a short time. When we lost Staff (my stepson named her lol) I was devastated - even moving to spain I still think about her often. We've been in spain since June 2008 and have been setting up a business for the last year or so but now things have settled down a bit and I'd love a new addition to the family (a four legged one not a two legged one lol)

HAve seen frenchie pups in the pet shops here but am not sure about buying from them as I;d heard some awful stories. Thats why I asked for recommended breeders on the site. As you can see pink lady has said she will contact me so maybe she will be able to help;

As I said on my original post it doesn;t have to be a pup - I'dbe happy to offer a loving home to an older frenchie if someone needed one rehomed.

Thanks again

Michelle

PS Will post pics if/when I get my frenchie

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:56 pm

Peach - at least your little pup lived with love and kindness all around...............what happened was heart-breaking...........and his soul and energy will still be with you for ever
aww Jool,thankyou for your kind words,I hate this time of year as i lost him on the 20th Dec.My house is full of pictures of him,and everytime my pc is switched on he is my screensaver,he is everywhere.Even his ashes are in a mirrored box on a table by my bed,along with his photo. :(
The nights i spent on the cold floor with him downstairs,making sure he was comfortable.poor baby.
and then when he died,we were given a second Chance with Ruby,which has helped me so much. :wink:

Michelle(DD)Lol,what a beautiful name for your staff,they are fab natured animals arent they. :D
I will certainly keep my eyes open for any grown up Frenchies needing a new loving home.
I would love to see a pic if/when you get one,please keep us updated.