Pain killers for dogs ?

Are you looking for information or help related to pets in Andalucia. Post your questions and advice about domestic pets, veterinary services, legal issues.
brightonion
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Pain killers for dogs ?

Postby brightonion » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:11 am

Yes Katy I would have said that magnets were a load of nonsense the problem with that is I have used the bioflow collars on six different dogs over the years and it has worked. The dogs couldn't be faking as maybe a human would or been brain washed. If it hadn't worked of course my next step would have been a discussion with a vet. I would not dismiss something out of hand without listening to other peoples views.I have never sold the collars but have recommended them.

Unicorn
Resident

Postby Unicorn » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:20 pm

Hi there

I would just like to report back on my experience with Devil's Claw and my dog.

I started to give him one tablet a day in early November and I have to say that there is improvement and given the cold snap his back legs are not 'going' very much at all at a time when if arthritis were going to rear its ugly head. He hasn't turned into a gazelle but can just jump into the back of the 4x4, which he couldn't do 3 months ago. And he is not in pain, he shows no distress at all. In fact seems to accept that he is getting on a bit although still quite playful and daft. Not scientific but seems to work for him. :thumbup:

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:44 pm

I have a friend who swears by turmeric for her dog's arthritis. Lots of info on Google, here is one website with a vet's recipe for feeding it to dogs http://pawsandpedals.com.au/turmeric-do ... -turmeric/

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:25 pm

There is enough mumbo jumbo around for humans without subjecting poor dogs to crank treatments.

Buffy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Buffy » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:33 pm

Why crank Katy? Devll's claw is a marvelous antiinflamitory imho

Chica56
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Chica56 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:31 pm

If it works who labels it as "crank"?????