shar pei puppies

Are you looking for information or help related to pets in Andalucia. Post your questions and advice about domestic pets, veterinary services, legal issues.
Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Re: shar pei puppies

Postby Mowser » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:05 pm

but then again they wouldn´t be able to read the post anyway !!!
Unless it was a seeing-eye dog?
Dave

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:09 pm

What about "Blind Dogs" - I never could work out how they could cross the road without getting run over!

Sid

Paula
Andalucia Guru

Postby Paula » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:13 pm

julian wrote::wtf:

????

personally I don´t consider myself to be a dog.
However, you do yap rather a lot :lol:

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:15 pm

El Cid wrote:
gerryh wrote:
My cats would probably fair better judging by the number of mice, rats, voles, lizards, insects and the occasional pigeon or rabbit they have caught.
I agree with that Gerry.

Cat's may appear to be domesticated but underneath that they are still wild animals with all the instincts. 5000 years of domestication hasn't really changed much.

That's why I respect them so much.

Sid
One of my cats turned up the day we moved villas. So small she fit into the palm of my hand so I called her Baby :roll: She is now about 14 or 15 and is a big solid cat. She would often appear from the campo with a rat larger than herself. One day she appeared with next doors large angora rabbit in her jaws. They were spanish and hated cats so I kept quiet. Couldn't imagine her starving. However I understand that a cats lifespan as a ferral cat is very short, many are born with defects, leukemia is rife and they are prone to eye infections etc

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:20 pm

and how was the estofado de conejo katy ?

one of our UK cats caught a squirrel once and brought it into the house !! now that was interesting evening !!! squirrels can be quite vicious when they are pi**ed off !!!!

are we going off topic here ?

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Postby Campo Steve » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:43 pm

I would suggest that most dogs now don't have a natural habitat. It has been bred out of them. Even stray dogs get used to a bit of comfort. Ours would be lost if they didn't have a comfy house to sleep in and I doubt they would be able to find sufficient food to survive, apart from scavanging from the waste humans throw out, and that isn't part of their natural habitat.
I've got an inferiority complex, but it's not a very good one!

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:49 pm

true Steve, so whether the dogs were from ebay , or from breeders, or for free from animal centres we humans have left dogs without a natural habitat..and all dog owners, and past dog owners are equally guilty, wherever they got their dogs from, having dogs is for our enjoyment not for the dogs enjoyment.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:37 pm

katy wrote: However I understand that a cats lifespan as a ferral cat is very short
I did read somewhere that 18 months is a typical life for a feral cat.

That's pretty short when many domestic cats last for 18 - 20 years.

Sid