Reasonably VET charges

Are you looking for information or help related to pets in Andalucia. Post your questions and advice about domestic pets, veterinary services, legal issues.
Stupot
Andalucia.com Amigo

Reasonably VET charges

Postby Stupot » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:54 pm

Hello

I have two 7 month old lady kittens (never been outside for more than two minutes)both in need of inocculations and eventually neutering. A couple of vets near Velez-Malaga seem to want a lot (100€ per cat for snip and 100E for full inocculations including rabies and microchip).

I have been told that this is expensive. I hear that there are vets charging a lot less (but not where!) Before I go off to get a bank loan, I was wondering if anyone on the forum might know of vets where there is good value for money in the area Nerja to Rincón and inland therefrom.

Thanks for any help anyone might be able to give.

stupot
Stupot

lizzie.w.
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Reasonably VET charges

Postby lizzie.w. » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:21 pm

our vet in archidonna is very nice and very reasonable but probaly too far but if not i can give you directions.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:18 pm

Hi Stupot,
100 euro..........that's a snip....... :lol:

cost us 230euro...dogs were cheaper at 100 euro.
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:24 pm

We use Amigos clinica veterinaria in Rincon de la Victoria.
Can't remember exactly how much it cost for 7 females, so far, we have had speyed.
Definitely not as expensive as Enrique quoted.
Phone them on 952 97 23 02 for an up to date price.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:10 am

We use Caroline in Torre del Mar (Clinica Veterinaria Axarquia) www.vetaxarquia.es. We find her very kind and her prices are very reasonable (she writes an article in Streetwise mag each month too).

Our latest little boy needed his op in the summer and we were quoted 110€ by the vet on Torrox Costa, whereas Caroline charged us 55€. Another of our cats has just been with a stomach infection and her fee for an examination, an injection of antibiotics, plus a second syringefull for us to do 2 days later, plus a little bag of prescription food (that was 6.50€ alone) was only 33€ in total which I think is very good.

Stupot
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Stupot » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:47 am

Thanks everyone for the info.
Both my kittens are female and will therefore be more expensive than the males. Carolina wants 100€ per cat for the op which now appears to be about right. The one in Alhaurin is cheaper but its a fair old drive from my place.

So it looks like it's Carolina's in Torre del Mar.

Thanks again.
Stupot